Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Regs 2018-2020

Re: New Regs 2018-2020

Quick copy and paste below. i have a Mule doe draw for Kamloops so i had to really read this to get it - i can shoot my doe in Reg 3 but thats it for Mule in that region, however i can go to another region - say R4 and take a Mule Buck as long as i do not exceed my Provincial limits. But only 1 buck from the said regions.
    I see this being a head scratcher for lots of hunters!!

The Provincial bag limit for deer is 3 (not including Haida Gwaii/QCI). Hunters may not harvest more than 3 deer in one licence year,but only 1 may be a mule (black-tailed) deer buck from Regions 3,4, 5, 6, 7A, 7B and 8 combined.Hunters may harvest 3 white-taileddeer (if they purchase 3 white-taileddeer licenses), or 3 mule (blacktailed)deer (if they purchase 3mule (black-tailed) deer licenses), ora combination of white-tailed andmule (black-tailed) deer (1+2 or2+1) providing they do not exceedthe provincial limit of 3 and notmore than 1 mule (black-tailed)deer buck from Regions 3, 4, 5,6 ,7A, 7B and 8 combined. Thereason hunters may purchase morethan 3 deer licenses in total is toprovide hunters with the flexibilityto harvest any combination of white-tailed or mule (black-tailed) deer upto a maximum of 3.

Quote Originally Posted by russm View Post
    Some people seem to really struggle with this concept.
    The concept I'm struggling with is why the government thought it was a good idea to go to from a consolidated booklet to loose tags, and add provisions to potentially criminalize hunters. There are some years that I legitimately forget what old tags I have/had that aren't relevant for the current season or hunt and my only reminder was to flip open my booklet.

Now if I'm out and about and get questioned by a conservation officer and I forgot that I bought 2 bear tags this year instead of 1 I'm going to get fined or worse?

You'll have to try to keep the tags together from the start, And don't take them apart except when needed.
    -- try not to separate the tags from the home base, all neatly stacked to gedder --
    Jel -- be conscious of your tags and keep them together on your watch --
    Last edited by Jelvis; 06-26-2018 at 06:09 PM. Reason: MULE DEER are thee perfect wild animal in the world

I put my PAL and Tags in a ziplock. If I go hunting it comes with me. Keeps it all in one package.

Re: New Regs are out for 2018-2020

Is MU 2-1 the only one in the entire province where there is no open season on any species? I don't see anything in the either this or the LEH synopsis. There must be a lot of animals there because nobody is allowed to hunt anything.

Quote Originally Posted by tyreguy View Post
    Quick copy and paste below. i have a Mule doe draw for Kamloops so i had to really read this to get it - i can shoot my doe in Reg 3 but thats it for Mule in that region, however i can go to another region - say R4 and take a Mule Buck as long as i do not exceed my Provincial limits. But only 1 buck from the said regions.
    I see this being a head scratcher for lots of hunters!!

The Provincial bag limit for deer is 3 (not including Haida Gwaii/QCI). Hunters may not harvest more than 3 deer in one licence year,but only 1 may be a mule (black-tailed) deer buck from Regions 3,4, 5, 6, 7A, 7B and 8 combined.Hunters may harvest 3 white-taileddeer (if they purchase 3 white-taileddeer licenses), or 3 mule (blacktailed)deer (if they purchase 3mule (black-tailed) deer licenses), ora combination of white-tailed andmule (black-tailed) deer (1+2 or2+1) providing they do not exceedthe provincial limit of 3 and notmore than 1 mule (black-tailed)deer buck from Regions 3, 4, 5,6 ,7A, 7B and 8 combined. Thereason hunters may purchase morethan 3 deer licenses in total is toprovide hunters with the flexibilityto harvest any combination of white-tailed or mule (black-tailed) deer upto a maximum of 3.
    I've been debating this with a bunch of people on the hunting facebook groups, who seem to think (and are advising others), if they take an LEH doe in region 3, a buck in region 8 can't be taken. Apparently one of them was told that by a CO :/ It's pretty crazy how hard people are struggling with this. At least I'm literate and maybe there will be less pressure in region 8 where I plan to take a buck, alongside my region 3 doe

Re: New Regs are out for 2018-2020

Quote Originally Posted by cuervosail View Post
    Is MU 2-1 the only one in the entire province where there is no open season on any species? I don't see anything in the either this or the LEH synopsis. There must be a lot of animals there because nobody is allowed to hunt anything.
    MU 2-1 and part of 2-17 are Manning Park. Only parts of 2-17 allow hunting, 2-1 is closed to all hunting except with a bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo911_ View Post
    I've been debating this with a bunch of people on the hunting facebook groups, who seem to think (and are advising others), if they take an LEH doe in region 3, a buck in region 8 can't be taken. Apparently one of them was told that by a CO :/ It's pretty crazy how hard people are struggling with this. At least I'm literate and maybe there will be less pressure in region 8 where I plan to take a buck, alongside my region 3 doe
    It's quite clear in the regs. I think people need to READ the regs instead of just scanning over them. People are ******ed these days from staring at phones and computers all day.

I think you can take a buck mule in 3 even if you take your LEH mule antlerless there.?
    Just one buck tho is thee point being made, 1 mule buck period.
    Jel -- Like Billy Joel -- you could be wrong and I may be rye hite -- check it over -- and see if i'm correct --

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    I think you can take a buck mule in 3 even if you take your LEH mule antlerless there.?
    Just one buck tho is thee point being made, 1 mule buck period.
    Jel -- Like Billy Joel -- you could be wrong and I may be rye hite -- check it over -- and see if i'm correct --
    No Jel, Chart on pg 17 of Synopsis, only 1 Mule in reg 3, Buck or LEH doe. Reg limit is 1 (in green). If you have LEH would have to get buck in other region.