Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: New Regs 2018-2020

Re: New Regs 2018-2020

Where’s the genius bcwf ? Shouldn’t they have lobbied for the sake of actual healthy mule deer populations . Won’t be huntable mule deer in region 3 or 8 soon guaranteed.all about October pot shots in cut blocks I guess. Whatever no salmon to fish for or game to hunt soon.

salmon and mule deer = apples and oranges

stan, sounds like you still think the regulated buck harvest has something to do with the perceived decline of mule deer populations, in the face of science that says otherwise
    sorry
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I would love to talk shit but have not Hunted Mulies in 3 or 8 - All Mulie Hunts 7a and now 4. Ha! Everyone relax, there's still lots to do and populations go up and down. Not that long ago the Wild Turkey scenario south of Canada was not good and now - More than ever! Things can recover.

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    You my friend have your head up your ass with regard to region 8 mule deer
    Are you seeing a lack of offspring??? I'm not.....has there been any conclusions to the recent mule deer study that I'm not aware of?? When they initiated the study I believe they mentioned that the pregnancy rates were 100% here in reg 8, so please enlighten us on what I'm missing here....

Continued loss of winter range due to development in reg 8, now there's a problem...

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Are you seeing a lack of offspring??? I'm not.....has there been any conclusions to the recent mule deer study that I'm not aware of?? When they initiated the study I believe they mentioned that the pregnancy rates were 100% here in reg 8, so please enlighten us on what I'm missing here....

Continued loss of winter range due to development in reg 8, now there's a problem...
    Basic math 100% percent of nothing is nothing.hows shed hunting? A mere pittance of the old days in 8 it’s a fact guy.pressure on all fronts, no cover up top, loss of winter range and hunting pressure from the burgeoning Okanagan population all factors. The reg changes don’t address the problem . Manage for quality not quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by pg83 View Post

I think it's pretty easy to understand.

"Hunters cannot harvest deer in excess of the sex, species, regional, or provincial bag limits"

i haven’t read the new regs yet but I was starting to get confused about what everyone was talking about. If this chart is confusing people, then they probably should just stay home this season, it seems VERY straight forward and easy to understand.
    Last edited by notyalc; 07-01-2018 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    Basic math 100% percent of nothing is nothing.hows shed hunting? A mere pittance of the old days in 8 it’s a fact guy.pressure on all fronts, no cover up top, loss of winter range and hunting pressure from the burgeoning Okanagan population all factors. The reg changes don’t address the problem . Manage for quality not quantity.
    100% of nothing, whachew on man??? 100% of the does tested were pregnant....and I've found a few sheds...the main issue is loss of winter range IMO...however, I do agree that there needs to be more FSR de-activation in reg 8....

Might have to cut atv's in 8, like in Mu 3-28 has done for hunting use. This will help the deer and the C.O.s --
    Jello Hello
    Last edited by Jelvis; 07-01-2018 at 06:05 PM. Reason: HBC sticks together and helps hunters

They should restrict how many deer tags are good for each MU. If 100,000 people buy a mule deer tag they shouldn't all be allowed to hunt MU 3-11. What you think of this idea?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    100% of nothing, whachew on man??? 100% of the does tested were pregnant....and I've found a few sheds...the main issue is loss of winter range IMO...however, I do agree that there needs to be more FSR de-activation in reg 8....
    I’m on reality fella, mule deer are hurtin bad in 8 and leaving a wide open buck season for a month is ******ed, what possibly is gained from the late archery closure? Piss poor management with no real opposition.you should know this judging from your expert opinion posts.