Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Regs 2018-2020

Re: New Regs 2018-2020

Not a big deal to have to carry all your tags (now species licences) you have bought for BC hunting in the current season, cancelled or not. The trade-off is that you no longer need to carry a licence! So there is that. I always carry all my authorizations in a separate,
    small
    waterproof wallet or case. Why would you want to carry all your hunting and fishing stuff in your everyday wallet, that's absolutely perverse! Currently I have my current tags (which have changed their names to species licences), my fishing licences, my PAL (in case I need to buy more ammo, right?), my BCWF card (for insurance purposes on my quad), and my recreational boating license. I carry this waterproof wallet zippered up in an inside pocket of my favorite outside jacket, one that I always take with me when I go adventuring. So, find a safe place that will always be with you on your outdoor quests (such as a jacket or vest, etc) and you can do this too!

Quote Originally Posted by dmaxtech View Post
    Where are you seeing that? I can't seem to find it. What page? Found it. pg.43. Guess it's time to get a Samurai.
    There is also an off-road ban within the Elephant Hill perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzloonly View Post
    There is also an off-road ban within the Elephant Hill perimeter.
    Yes, was already aware of that one, but this new ban extends further in that hunting on a road with an ATV is now banned.

dmaxtech ahead of the game folks, with new update extending further now, take a look -- whoa!
    Jel - we got the best on HBC up to dates with dmax -- we got it -- off-road ban update
    Last edited by Jelvis; 06-29-2018 at 08:12 AM. Reason: HBC sticks together and helps hunters

Quote Originally Posted by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham View Post
    There's much, much more gov't over-reach and make believe problems so they can grow gov't even more obese and oppressive than there is poaching in BC.
    Actually, more regs are created in response to enforcement issues and problems than anyone wants on the books. If there is a loophole , someone will exploit it and when it gets out of hand a rule is created

Like the new 'no permit to accompany for goats in 7'........there was a problem of some sort so now its fixed
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Actually, more regs are created in response to enforcement issues and problems than anyone wants on the books. If there is a loophole , someone will exploit it and when it gets out of hand a rule is created

Like the new 'no permit to accompany for goats in 7'........there was a problem of some sort so now its fixed
    With the difference between something like banning the Griz Hunt for anyone who's sans Status card under the Indian Act/treaty(ies) and actual management issues like limiting participation in a GOS and/or general NA Model Wildlife management practices is clearly seen, I do disagree and stand by my initial statement.
    That said, provided by "anyone" you mean gov't (current regimes in Ottawa and Victoria as of this writing) - Then yes, they certainly do not want any accurate data/reports on the books. Under previous gov'ts such reports and info were readily available online, everything from CO reports from BCCOS to illegal firearms smuggling data from Stats Can to police use of force incident reporting it was all there... Now that data appears to be unobtainium outside of making a request under the Freedom of Information protocols under the Law. The attitude displayed in your comment appears to be one that thinks people can effectivley legislate against evil (Nope, evil doesn't care about the Law unless it can twist it to its nefarious ends) and if enough nanny state legislation gets passed, like so much gas, that we'll all somehow get out of life alive.... Again nope.
    Last edited by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham; 06-29-2018 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Dotting i's and lower case j's lolz

Then yes, they certainly do not want any accurate data/reports on the books.
    Topic is regulations. What has data got to do with these?
    But while on that topic, what data have you actually personally had trouble obtaining? My simple queries have been answered often and openly.

The attitude displayed in your comment appears to be one that thinks people can effectivley legislate against evil
    No attitude here, just pointing out why some regs are actually created.

You take quite the leap , including evil, nefarious, and getting out alive, in a conversation on hunting regs.

Hey Boxhitch, I'll have you know bad mosquitoes in the bush can be nefarious. Poaching's evil! If a season's closed (kinda like maybe your mind might be, sometimes, at least when it comes to analogy - just sayin' ) alot more might just get out alive in the anti's mindset. Hence why they arbritarily ganked our Griz seasons* I know that to be the case many times over from personal exposure to such. A Hunt banned, Hunter prevented from going afield is a life saved to such a mindset. Of course never mind the abortion they just had out of convenience and lack of personal responsibility and all those thousands of animal lives lost to wind turbines and landscape change they benefit from. Even an ultra low carbon footprint vegan kills to live. It's wrong thinking, plain and simple from antis.

What does data have to do with regs is nutzo! You're kiddin' me. 5 W's of Hunting Regulation worldwide has been more than a passing interest of mine for more than a few years now.

What (recent) Canadian sourced data I have been personally looking for includes -
    1) Number of illegal firearms smuggled into Canada RCMP/Canada Border Services data per anum - Known figure of seizures vs best educated guess estimate.
    2)Number of LEH authourizations won compared to number of those who Purchased Species Licenses under said Authorizations.
    3)Enforcement Report from CO's like they used to have that state Convictions, especially for violations under the Wildlife Act.

Furthermore I assure you, poetic license is no leap! Good day.
    Last edited by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham; 06-29-2018 at 08:32 PM. Reason: * + STILL want Griz Back... We want Griz! We want Griz eyyy yo WE WANT GRIZ!

trying to get my head around your analogies....which are 'out there' imo )

1) you think they produce data for 'best guesses'?
    (just heard a stat for Canada Post interceptions of packages with firearms)
    2) can be found with some digging, may be included in annual harvest reports
    3) You mean these?
    "Quarterly Environmental Enforcement Summary
    2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/environment/research-monitoring-reporting/"

Not looking for conflict, just some ramblings )
    keep'n it lite
    Last edited by boxhitch; 06-29-2018 at 09:21 PM.

Let's not Box this thread in and get Choked up hunters, whoa!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------New Regs 18 n 20
    Jelly -- just dah facts mam -- hahahaha