Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: New Regs 2018-2020

Re: New Regs 2018-2020

Quote Originally Posted by bighornbob View Post
    It was brought in after the fires last year. So basically right before hunting season it came in.

BHB
    Understood but that was for the fire affected areas only and now it is a reg for the whole MU for the next 2 years and even in an area that was not affected by fire.
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    I’m on reality fella, mule deer are hurtin bad in 8 and leaving a wide open buck season for a month is ******ed, what possibly is gained from the late archery closure? Piss poor management with no real opposition.you should know this judging from your expert opinion posts.
    I and many others observed a peak in mule deer numbers in reg 8 in about 2009...thats when i started hunting, but I was in the bush a lot before then...they are down from that peak in my observations, but their numbers have been steady for the last 4-5 years from my observations, even increasing in the west of reg 4, which is a good sign....again, I do agree that more road de activation needs to happen, up I don't believe their numbers are as bleak as you think....half day of hunting this season early November when my buddy and I shot a 4 pt, we counted 50...there's still areas holding good numbers..

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Might have to cut atv's in 8, like in Mu 3-28 has done for hunting use. This will help the deer and the C.O.s --
    Jello Hello
    That might help. Just deactivated a lot more roads will also help. Another thing,,,,I'm all for seeing the youth get into hunting but giving them the whole month of September seems a little extravagant when all the other regions only give from Sept 1 -9 for the youth to harvest a mule deer.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    I and many others observed a peak in mule deer numbers in reg 8 in about 2009...thats when i started hunting, but I was in the bush a lot before then...they are down from that peak in my observations, but their numbers have been steady for the last 4-5 years from my observations, even increasing in the west of reg 4, which is a good sign....again, I do agree that more road de activation needs to happen, up I don't believe their numbers are as bleak as you think....half day of hunting this season early November when my buddy and I shot a 4 pt, we counted 50...there's still areas holding good numbers..
    Well fair enough ,we all have an opinion . Still don’t understand the logic with the bow season.

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    That might help. Just deactivated a lot more roads will also help. Another thing,,,,I'm all for seeing the youth get into hunting but giving them the whole month of September seems a little extravagant when all the other regions only give from Sept 1 -9 for the youth to harvest a mule deer.
    Imo make the youth season any buck sept 1-15, since with school starting etc, it's hard for some youth to get out with their families in that short 9 day window, and make that in all of the regions to the south, not just 8...but I agree all of sept for any buck for youth is a bit overboard...

I like the changes I see. We need to make sacrifices if we are to see a recovery. 1 mule deer buck limit has been needed for a while. We still have incredibly liberal seasons compared to most jurisdictions in North America. I would expect to see some tightening of those seasons in the next regulation rotation if we don't see evidence of a start toward recovery in this rotation.

Arrow Re: New Regs 2018-2020

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    ... Still don’t understand the logic with the bow season.
    You are far from alone in that.
    The harvest for the late season hunt was minimal, yet still afforded the few who went some interesting (and fun) possibilities.
    I will miss that.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    I like the changes I see. We need to make sacrifices if we are to see a recovery. 1 mule deer buck limit has been needed for a while. We still have incredibly liberal seasons compared to most jurisdictions in North America. I would expect to see some tightening of those seasons in the next regulation rotation if we don't see evidence of a start toward recovery in this rotation.
    Completely agree....sure would be nice if the province did something about the pred prob in many areas of BC though...I'm guessing that ain't gonna happen at least until the NDP/Greens are out though...

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    You are far from alone in that.
    The harvest for the late season hunt was minimal, yet still afforded the few who went some interesting (and fun) possibilities.
    I will miss that.

Nog
    Ya was good fun sometimes 10 - 15 years ago we would turn down 10 stinky ass 4 points in a half week just hopin for a shit kicker. Never really amounted to many dead deer just a good time . Only was good the years when snow was heavy anyway.

I don't really think having the season for youth all of September makes a big difference because once the shooting starts the deer are spooked. When my sons were that age I was always amazed at the bucks we saw the first couple of days of youth season. By the time the GOS started things were back to normal, far and few between

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Imo make the youth season any buck sept 1-15, since with school starting etc, it's hard for some youth to get out with their families in that short 9 day window, and make that in all of the regions to the south, not just 8...but I agree all of sept for any buck for youth is a bit overboard...