Thread: 6-02b moose

6-02b moose

My brother got a draw for this area, any advice would be much appreciated. We are looking at flying into Fenton lake,(I know the cabin is booked for a week already) but looking on maps there are a bunch of lakes in the area, would it be better to go somewhere else and set up the wall tent? I believe the draw is for sept 1 to oct 19, would it be better to go at the start or end....its our 40th bday this (we're twins) and our bday is opening day would love to be in the bush then but worried about heat that early. Any pics of hunting that area would be cool.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 6-02b moose

We have the same draw this year, will be flying into a puddle over there. Fenton can be a pretty busy place Iv heard, IMO, I’d be looking at one of the other puddles close by. With that draw, the last week of sept and first week of oct would be a good time I’d think. Nick from LD air would be able to give a little more info, worth giving him a call. Good luck!!

Re: 6-02b moose

Go in the rut like decker says. Sept 1 is too hot, leaves still on the trees, bulls dispersed to the high country, calling will not work.