Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bull river road closers

Bull river road closers

After a terrible fire season last year I was wondering what the road closers would be. I saw a map showing a section of the bull river closed. So how am I to go chase goats? I use the spur roads to get me as close as I can before the stair climb. I can’t even camp in my area. Am I reading this wrong or was this just for last year? Any info would be a great help. Long drive for a scouting trip as I’m working as much ot as possible for hunting season.lol

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bull river road closers

Quote Originally Posted by brotherbear View Post
    After a terrible fire season last year I was wondering what the road closers would be. I saw a map showing a section of the bull river closed. So how am I to go chase goats? I use the spur roads to get me as close as I can before the stair climb. I can’t even camp in my area. Am I reading this wrong or was this just for last year? Any info would be a great help. Long drive for a scouting trip as I’m working as much ot as possible for hunting season.lol
    This is good info to know before applying to an area Hope the link works, but the Rd closures are likely to be in affect for a few more years any how. I got shut out of my draw in the White last year part way through the season.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/kootenay/ec...ver%20MVHC.pdf
    KCCO

goat haven?....go in on sulfur creek rd if you have to.... cross the bull and find the horse trail up to goat haven

I always figured that spot for being named "Goat Heaven" ja all these road closures makes horses a much more practical solution than engines'n'wheels

From the map posted by Rhyno, there is a red outline on the area above Norboe creek indicating a motor vehicle closed area but the Main road is highlighted in green as an open road. Am I to read this as you can drive the main Bull river road through that section but just no Spur roads off of it. Also what is the difference between Motor vehicle hunting closed area (red outline) and the motor vehicle closure (yellow area)?

Thanks!

Bumping this, as I am curios as to post #5 and if he is correct.
    Also want an interpretation on the yellow as compared to red.
    Thanks BMI

You can drive the main bull river rd all the way its just new spur rds they put in for logging in the burn are closed. (Witch are in red ) they just put up the signs the other day. the first new rd closure starts at 74 1/2 km from there up you just can't drive on any of those new spur rds the yellow areas are rd closures that have been in place for years .you can drive into goat haven for a bit before you hit any rd closures. and those ones also have been in place for many years .

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    You can drive the main bull river rd all the way its just new spur rds they put in for logging in the burn are closed. (Witch are in red ) they just put up the signs the other day. the first new rd closure starts at 74 1/2 km from there up you just can't drive on any of those new spur rds the yellow areas are rd closures that have been in place for years .you can drive into goat haven for a bit before you hit any rd closures. and those ones also have been in place for many years .
    Thanks partner!
    I realized after I hit "post" that the "yellow areas" where in fact the usual "MV restricted for hunting areas"....dahhh.
    But, I wanted to make sure when looking at the "red fire outline restriction", that the "green" was actually "drivable".
    So, thanks for the "reassurance"
    Appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    This is good info to know before applying to an area Hope the link works, but the Rd closures are likely to be in affect for a few more years any how. I got shut out of my draw in the White last year part way through the season.

Hi Rhyno,

How did you get to that link???
    Looking for similar links to other areas close by???
    Can't find that type of map when I look around for it on the ministry websites etc.

I am just looking for the "main page"???
    So that I can choose which area from there to print out.
    Appreciate some help.
    Thanks

All,

Am I interpreting post #5 correctly? The map I am talking about is linked below..

I have an LEH goat draw for 4-24E, want to go in 2 weeks. Normally, I would have been able to drive the Whiteswan Rd to KM59 on Middle Fork...ie to the bridge. However, the map above, which the website claims is NEW, but looks like it might be 2017 map, has a large red outline that claims to be "Motor Vehicle Hunting Closed Area" starting just east, north east of the the eastern end of Whiteswan Lake and start at KM 40....reading the regs, this means that I can't even drive through the area to say drop off food and gear "for the purpose of hunting".

The map shows that the main roads are all Green--the legend claims those are Open Roads. Am i supposed to interpret this as "I can drive the green roads, but anything on each side of them is a not hunting zone within the red boundary? " The fact that the red zone abuts 4-24E has led me to believe that I would now have to walk in from KM40 instead of KM59...an extra 19KM makes this a very undesirable hunt....If the green Open Road means I can drive to 59KM for the purpose of hunting (by walking into 4-24E which is a traditional road closure area) I am golden....

I have left a message with the Cranbrook CO's but not really expecting to hear back in time....anyone got any ideas/confirmations?