Thread: Bear skull measuring

Bear skull measuring

Hey guys and galls.
    The husband got his spring 2017 black bear back from the taxidermist today. We also had the skull beetle cleaned. I am wondering if any of you fine people could point us in the right direction to get the skull measured. Taxidermist figures it would make BC book so the husband is interested in having it looked at and Ive never had anything scored before so I know nothing about it. We are in the lower mainland, thanks in advance!
    Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6FAF9C54-E490-4A68-BCE4-B7448ADFE755.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	6996  

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bear skull measuring

Congrats on a beauty bruin!!!

Check with your local F&G club(s) perhaps. They all usually have a trophy dinner sometime during the year where people can get their beasties' remnants measured up. If not, the BC record Book folks, Boone and Crocket Club and/or Safari Club International may have contacts for getting that Bear measured.

Personally though, I have yet to have any such measurements taken of my animals. None the less, a few ideas for starters! Mostly just writing in to appreciate the animal and offer congratulations.
    Last edited by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham; 06-23-2018 at 10:08 PM.

Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

There is a list of Official Scorers for the Big Game Records of BC in the back of their 2017 record book. If you PM me I will pass on the info on the Lower Mainland scorers to you. Congrats on a great bear!!

Thanks for the info and congratulations guys! He was a nice old boar! Good luck to you all in the fall!