Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6-09 Moose LEH

6-09 Moose LEH

I got an LEH draw in 6-09 for bullwinkle this fall, sept 10-24

Ive never been in that area, only around smithers landing on Babine when i was a kid

Basiclly im fishing for any and all info, im going to be working in sask all summer, and taking enough time off to get packed up and drag my trailer up there and hopefully have boots on the ground 2-3 days before it opens to try and figure things out

Any and all info would be gladly appreciated

Thanks for your time

feel free to pm me

Not lookin for gps coordinates, ive tried with zero success in 8-11/21 and 3-12 during the GOS unicorn immy bull season

not lookin for a trophy, im hunting for meat primarily
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 6-09 Moose LEH

Numbers are down but one of the better southern 6 units

lots of logging traffic have a radio. I know some truck drivers will scare you on purpose if you’re not calling

Could be warm temps, have your figuring done before you pull the trigger

Sent you a pm

Even if you are calling half those inbred wagon pullers wont move over...

kinda reminds me of a joke i heard along time ago from one of the guys on my crew as we watched a 3rd party driver back his truck into a shack on location
    ”Why do righands bang strippers?..... Cause the world needs truck drivers”

Id really prefer to not have to resort to cutblock cruising to try and fill my LEH tag especially in northern B.C
    I mean yea im Metis... But im not THAT native...

I’m far from an experianced moose hunter, ive primarily focused on Deer and Bear

as far as meat care, i was concidering buying a deep freeze to toss in the box of the truck and run it off a gen should temps be un favorable, worst case ontario...

basiclly be based out of my camper, try to cover as much ground as possible glassing mornings and evenings, maybe do some fishing and hopefully come back with a story
    Last edited by RadHimself; 06-24-2018 at 12:43 PM.
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...

I was going to wait till I got home from work in a few days and PM you some info on the area but Some of my inbred wagon puller hunting partners will probably be too tight lipped

Good luck

oh snap!!!
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Puts in for a draw in a area he knows nothing about. Asks locals for help then disses the locals. Hmmm. I guess this wagon puller won't he moving my 80,000kg load to the side to favor your camper. Nope

Congratulations on the draw. I have the same one.

S.W.A.T. rules the road -- no movin to the side for this wagon puller --
    6-09 is the best
    Jel

Funny, some of the first people I talk to about “where the moose are” are wagon pullers. More then once, they’ve stopped to help me on the side of the road for various reasons. Not to mention that other then hunters, they are our eyes and ears in the back country, a lot of illegal activity is reported via wagon pullers. Their a pretty tight group of people, the kind that are better on your good side.