Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6-09 Moose LEH

Re: 6-09 Moose LEH

That time of year can be tough, pre rut with the leaves still on trees, moose widely dispersed, warm. Calling can still work tho....

I work in the bush for a few months a year. So not a regular, like in my early days. If i don’t get my truck pulled over and let the guy hauling know, I feel like an ass. If your working, its your road, if your working and hauling, it’s always your road. Heard a story from a guy hauling out of Quesnel. Some hunters left their truck in the middle of the FSR - doors open. He took off one door and radioed an empty who was kind enough to remove the other door. Voila! Hands free air conditioning! I’m gonna be hunting in the same MU later in the season (no LEH). Should be fun! Good luck. Hope you leave a bull or two.

Oh god, i pissed off the internet

i love how i threw two stabs in there so everyone got equally offended, but nothing was said about the native comment

come on guys, relax

Im not new to the FSR traffic

I grew up in B.C. im not a flat lander

Actually im amazed theres enough room for some of you guys AND the set of balls it takes to ride a 90,000lb missile down some some of these roads... Let alone in the winter
    Last edited by RadHimself; 06-24-2018 at 07:15 PM.
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...

Your LEH is perfect timing for moose in there, Pre Rut City. 6-09 moose - ohhh yeee yah hahahahaha
    -- You could fart and draw a bull in, you nailed a top notch tag --
    Jel -- Just watch out for S.W.A. T. he ain't movin over Rover
    Last edited by Jelvis; 06-25-2018 at 07:07 AM. Reason: HBC sticks together and helps hunters

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    Puts in for a draw in a area he knows nothing about. Asks locals for help then disses the locals. Hmmm. I guess this wagon puller won't he moving my 80,000kg load to the side to favor your camper. Nope

Congratulations on the draw. I have the same one.
    Lol ... well put.

wtf is wrong with people that continue to put in for stupid draws in places they dont know anything about? Like, doesn't he research the area BEFORE he decides whether he even wanna apply there? Or do you just see good odds and apply?

Dont you know internet advice is all smoke and lies anyways?. Lol.
    Last edited by twoSevenO; 06-24-2018 at 08:22 PM.

flame away

Not my fault theres no humour on here anymore

touchy skin on the internet, guess its all in the wording

must be pissed off u didnt get a draw or what?

youve never takin a gamble?

try a new spot?
    ask a few questions, even if they lead to nowhere

get out there and giver your best shot and try?

thought thats what everyone did eventually

2 months to stare at maps, ask, look, do a couple road trips

and im not doing my research?

i know 3-12 like the back of my hand, gave up trying to get a draw

picked up the skull from a 40” bull ive watched for 5 years lastyear that someone decided to shoot in the neck, bury it under some leftover twigs and bits in the middle of a cut block and leave it to rot

Sorry i dont meet your approval oh wise one

Some of you need to get out of the bush once and awhile and see the world
    Last edited by RadHimself; 06-24-2018 at 08:56 PM.
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...

I thought Rad was being quite civil. A logger I know calls truckers the SCUM OF THE EARTH

Oh Ohhhhh what's happening?
    Let's not start a feud now, your pick-up is a lot smaller then a Logging truck!
    Jel -- S.W.A.T. owns the road -- Warning - Keep way over to your side almost off the road -- Especially on blind corners with over hang --
    --------------------one more thing -- don't leave truck on the road when you jump out and run into bush with doors opened --
    Last edited by Jelvis; 06-24-2018 at 09:20 PM. Reason: MULE DEER are thee perfect wild animal in the world

Not an easy tag to fill. Pre Rut. Ill PM you a couple spots. Id plan on hunting the last 8 days of your tag. Wouldnt bother with the first week personally. You could be in 20° weather. And I live here! The last 5 days you MIGHT get frost and get a bull coming in. Definatly not a slam dunk. PM you when I have time.

All I'm saying is it doesn't hurt, whatsoever, to do some research on an area BEFORE you apply! You're doing yourself a disservice by waiting to get a tag before you research.

It's a full year between draws. Lots of time to prep for the following year and gather info