Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Initiation hunter question

Re: Initiation hunter question

Thanks great advice, I am going to do that and when I do get a response I will definitely post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham View Post
    What I recall from the time of the onset of the Initiation Hunting License is that IHL hunters may harvest under any license/bag limit that their mentor hold yet may not enter the LEH on their lonesome (which would increase two fold the potential opportunity for the pair). So LEH entries? nope. Cut an LEH tag? Yep!

This really is a question for the Ministry though... If in your position I would write in to Victoria via email and ask away, then post up with the response right here on HBC!

Best of fortune afield upcoming to Hunters old and new.

Cheers Campking, looking forward to reading their response.
    Confident in my message though ~no application/entries under LEH but may Harvest anything their mentor can cover license wise.

Quote Originally Posted by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham View Post
    What I recall from the time of the onset of the Initiation Hunting License is that IHL hunters may harvest under any license/bag limit that their mentor hold yet may not enter the LEH on their lonesome (which would increase two fold the potential opportunity for the pair). So LEH entries? nope. Cut an LEH tag? Yep!

This really is a question for the Ministry though... If in your position I would write in to Victoria via email and ask away, then post up with the response right here on HBC!

Best of fortune afield upcoming to Hunters old and new.
    Quote Originally Posted by ROY-alty33 View Post
    Bag Limits

The holder of the initiation licence doesn't have an individual bag limit and isn't eligible to obtain a species licence.
    The supervising hunter must hold the appropriate uncancelled species licence for any species that is hunted. Any game harvested by the holder of an initiation licence must be accounted for as part of the bag limit of the supervising hunter.
    The holder of an initiation hunting licence isn't eligible to participate in limited entry hunting.

Cut and Paste right off Gov website

I don't think there is any doubt, it's pretty clear from the post above
    KCCO

No problem campking...
    Youth are able to partake in an LEH hunt, Initiation hunters are not.

The Initiation Hunter has no bag limit at all. Their bag limit is that of their mentor BCRH, shared bag limit. Youths* may apply for LEH authorizations of their own, IHL hunters may not.

Reminder ~Synopsis/gov't websites are not Law. The law is on record/accessible to all if you wish to look. I'm sure Ministry Staff and/or CO will issue their reply as per their enforcement policy prior to the start of season... If we even get a season until after current regime is booted out of office/Victoria.
    Last edited by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham; 06-23-2018 at 10:14 PM. Reason: *Youth as in under age of majority who have completed Hunter education/CORE and hold BCRH license.

Youth may not apply for LEH. Need FWID to apply.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...sident-licence

All the info you need is on this page...but please seek clarification from the ministry as peoples interpretations vary!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ROY-alty33 View Post
    Youth may not apply for LEH. Need FWID to apply.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...sident-licence

All the info you need is on this page...but please seek clarification from the ministry as peoples interpretations vary!!!
    Sure. I was not clear and was referring to how it is possible for a "youth" to be a full blown BCRH license holder. It does read like I was saying the Youth Hunting License by itself enables LEH applications. I have the adult/normal deal license wise as a BC Resident Hunter. I have thus far barely ever applied for any LEH and have not won/recieved an LEH authorization for anything. I also have not applied for any of these mentor things nor Permit to Accompany. I am familiar with Law on the matter and stand by my statements that I meant, that is to say IHL and their mentoring BCRH share one bag/set of licenses/authorizations. Mea culpa on the youth thing, I obviously was not clear in that post. I'll edit it, to avoid confusion.
    Last edited by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham; 06-23-2018 at 10:19 PM.