Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leh bison december 2018

Re: Leh bison december 2018

i havnt hunted B but i have hunted A twice now for bison. These animals have been hunted hard and they know the sound of a snowmobile find sign and then walk everyday to it don't ride. last year when we where their we got the first one walking about 5 k from camp then people came in and started riding sleds around and everyhting went back into the bush, took a couple days before they started walking as well out from camp. once we where all on the same page the animals came back out and everyones tags where filled with in three days.
    It is a awesome hunt but we have been therir in december riding quads due to lack of snow so have both sleds and quads ready depending on weather conditions. just call up their and see how much snow their is before you go.
    have fun!!!!!

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

The Zone you are in is not at Pink Mountain so that is way too far to stay. if you need to stay somewhere it is either Sikanni River Ranch, or Nevis Creek
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Goretzky View Post
    SST have a thinner jacket, and non bonded core, meaning more shrapnel, and less weight retention than some other premium bullets. They will kill no doubt, but bison have thick hides, big bones, and lots of long hair in the winter time. Just saying their are better options out there.
    Thanks for that information, that's good to know.

Hey everyone!

We have a couple weeks left before we head out!
    Staying at Sikanni River Outfitters, we will be there the 9th to 16th.

Does anyone have any info on the area, or any tips and tricks for this hunt :P
    Also any gear that you may have forgot, or should have brought.

thanks everyone

I've never been lucky on that LEH but I have read a few threads that went into pretty good detail on the hunt. Try a forum search and I bet you hit paydirt.

Good luck! Did you buy another rifle or are you going to take the risk that a 30-06 will bounce off?
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

go past the air strip, follow the trail, theres a trail to a lake I cant remember what its called. the guys are really nice and helpful there look for fresh sign and walk in they will here you coming so walk

The crappy thing is you can be walking then hear sleds all over spooking them, so just need some luck!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...