Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moose hunting leh 7-23

Moose hunting leh 7-23

I got moose leh in region 7-23 but dont know anything about the area was wondering if anyone can tell me if they've seen bulls in there at all or what the area is like

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Moose hunting leh 7-23

Just curious why you put in for that area if you don't know anything about it

7-23 has 5 different sub units
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Book a cooler spot, cause your gonna need it. Slam dunk, won't even need your hunting boots!! Easiest hunt in LEH lottery! Lucky bugger!
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Taking a piss Moosin???

Quote Originally Posted by Glenp View Post
    I got moose leh in region 7-23 but dont know anything about the area was wondering if anyone can tell me if they've seen bulls in there at all or what the area is like
    Take a pair of kid's scissors with you. Wouldn't want you to cut yourself with anything sharper when you cut your tag.
    And, before all you do-gooders climb all over me, check the join date and post count. Nothing unabashed there now, is there?.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Nope. Nail on the head. My advice would be buy some good boots and start putting some miles in them. Hunting is about the finding. The meat and bone comes later.

I too drew a bull tag in 7-23 zone A this coming fall. I am doing the same thing I always do when I plan to hunt a new area... A lot of looking at maps and google earth and reading all the information I can find on the area. I do a fair bit of research before applying for any tag to see if it’s a feasible adventure for me.

best hunting advice i can give amybody...
    open your wallet free up your schedule and drive there.. then hike around every and any water source slash and timber you can...then repeat...hey bears are still open get up there now learn the area a shoot a bear...i have never hunted 723 but getting a spring bear anywhere east of pg i think should have a great chance.

i totally understand putting in for an area you don't know.... I do it all the time... coming from the island you cant know every where up north..... you look at the LEH and put your finger down on a low odd draw....
    look at some maps and go........

But having been on a forum for a long time now it kinda does ruffle feathers when post #1 is "help" ... too many people go spam and expect results.. or say " hey nothing wrong with fishing"
    really tho,,, good luck on your draw! I mean that.... but don't expect a bunch of help here..