Thread: fawns are showing

fawns are showing

saw 4 does this morning...
    3 of them had new twins....
    healthy happy babies.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: fawns are showing

Great to see,
    i got some fresh elk calves on my camera.. followed by a bear a couple hrs later.
    hope the bears don’t find these cute little guys.

rackstar... 10 more days of bear season try and wack the calf killer.....

most bears i shoot are mature males on fawning grounds.

i do not think there is any need to close bear season in the summer. i also think they should increase the bag limit....

Thankfully bear opens again on aug 15 up here but I totally agree.. keep them open from when they awake until they den.

Next year i am strictly hunting bears where I hunt ungulates. Let’s get these populations up.

Heading back next weekend to set up more cameras in the area... if I see a bear it’s getting a lickin. One tag left.
    Also a heavy population of white tails in the area with new fawns. Moose calves. I almost got a wolf last weekend in the area but they are to damn quick!!

more people should hunt bears in fawning grounds instead of shooting the first bear they see on the side of the road. But that would actually require people to hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    Thankfully bear opens again on aug 15 up here but I totally agree.. keep them open from when they awake until they den.

Next year i am strictly hunting bears where I hunt ungulates. Let’s get these populations up.

Heading back next weekend to set up more cameras in the area... if I see a bear it’s getting a lickin. One tag left.
    Also a heavy population of white tails in the area with new fawns. Moose calves. I almost got a wolf last weekend in the area but they are to damn quick!!

more people should hunt bears in fawning grounds instead of shooting the first bear they see on the side of the road. But that would actually require people to hunt.
    Every dead bear helps, they ALL eat fawns/calves. I don't care where anybody shoots them, thats just one less to eat meat. Pretty good in my books. What is next? people are free to hunt as they please, you may enjoy one way they may enjoy another. Don't rag on hunters man, if they are bear hunting good for them. I am not going to judge where they hunt bear. I am glad we have awesome folks like you to show all of us "how to hunt".
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    i do not think there is any need to close bear season in the summer. i also think they should increase the bag limit....

...to 5 black ones and 1 brown (ylzzirG) per season��

Seen a doe with triplets down here last week.
    Now assuming the googler is correct about deer gestation, and assuming they were a week old (they more likely a day or 2) she would have been bred Nov 20. Quite a bit later than conventional belief tells us the rut is around region 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaholic View Post
    Every dead bear helps, they ALL eat fawns/calves. I don't care where anybody shoots them, thats just one less to eat meat. Pretty good in my books. What is next? people are free to hunt as they please, you may enjoy one way they may enjoy another. Don't rag on hunters man, if they are bear hunting good for them. I am not going to judge where they hunt bear. I am glad we have awesome folks like you to show all of us "how to hunt".

Take it with a grain of salt. Easy to get out of context using computers. How that came out I realize wasn’t how I meant it. Every bear harvested is a good one.

Cheers

Good to hear of all the positive, healthy fawn and calve populations...and yes, every bear harvested helps the ungulate populations overall...I personally am guilty of letting too many bear walk, but I have a hard time shooting a smaller bear..