Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fawns are showing

Re: fawns are showing

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    Thankfully bear opens again on aug 15 up here but I totally agree.. keep them open from when they awake until they den.

Next year i am strictly hunting bears where I hunt ungulates. Let’s get these populations up.

Heading back next weekend to set up more cameras in the area... if I see a bear it’s getting a lickin. One tag left.
    Also a heavy population of white tails in the area with new fawns. Moose calves. I almost got a wolf last weekend in the area but they are to damn quick!!

more people should hunt bears in fawning grounds instead of shooting the first bear they see on the side of the road. But that would actually require people to hunt.
    Excellent post, I was thinking making the same.
    KCCO

instead of a southern provincial mule deer bag limit of one...you should earn your deer tags by submitting dead predators...bears are a much bigger predator than people realize...espeacially late spring early summer..

No sign on cams or sight of fawns while timber cruising with the daughter this spring in the Boundary yet, mind you grass is getting tall and yellower by the day (yikes)! Hope they are using the camo to their maximum advantage as the Bears pops are up again from last year same time despite floods and tons of moisture left at higher elevations.
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

We saw a few elk calves this afternoon on the way to Sparwood. Saw them again on the return trip.