Thread: Scarpa Rebel Pro GTX

Scarpa Rebel Pro GTX

Hi all,

I'm in need of some new boots and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the Scarpa Rebel Ultra GTX boots (the Scarpa ones, not KUIUs). I'm a dedicated sheep hunter and looking for a good solid boot to hold up to multi-day backcountry backpacking trips. That said, I don't think I'll be using crampons. They look like they're nice and lite and I prefer synthetic materials over leather for their quicker drying properties... Once leather boots get wet, they stay wet on long trips, especially later in the season. Plus I hate putting frozen boots on in the morning.

Has anyone worn them?

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Scarpa Rebel Pro GTX

I just tried them on and they didn't fit my feet. Felt like I put my foot in a brick. They sure are a good lookin solid boot though.

I have a pair. I used them on a goat hunt last year and they were a lifesaver....in more ways than one!
    They have a hardcore stiff sole for a lot of rock but they are super light for a mountaineering boot.

Goat and sheep in very rocky terrain, they are great.
    WSSBC Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by scttcanuck View Post
    I have a pair. I used them on a goat hunt last year and they were a lifesaver....in more ways than one!
    They have a hardcore stiff sole for a lot of rock but they are super light for a mountaineering boot.

Goat and sheep in very rocky terrain, they are great.
    Thanks for the feedback! Do you feel they have enough flex for longer approaches/days?

I did a 10 day hunt in them. The synthetic boot doesn't get as wet, seems more waterproof than my leather boots. I think they did well on the flat land as well as the rocks. My go-to boot in sheep & goat country for sure.
    WSSBC Life Member

Thanks for the info! I'll be looking for a pair.