Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Full Moon Effect

Re: Full Moon Effect

Had lots of encounters during a full moon from about 11am to 1:30 pm ..Bulls out and about ..Its a wives tale ..They all feed at night.Full moon might contribute to a little more but their patterns really don't change..The bulls I found are looking for cows and or feeding without a care ...Also it has been really warm ..and sunny..Seen some big bulls killed during this mid day doldrum...Dennis

Ya i hate full moon, they all move at night. I could hear them crashing during the night through the forest
    Kamloops cabins for rent!
    www.bclakefronts.com

Check out some amazing pictures on my Facebook of trophy fish and game:
    www.facebook.com/bclakefronts
    What about YOUTUBE, Check my video on how to make a Euro mount:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadianCade

Moose are nocturnal animals, preferring the darkness to hide in, they know they taste good and lots of animals and humans want to eat them.
    So they try not to be seen, but 1000 pounds of meat is hard to hide in the light. With a four foot rack on top of it.
    Jel -- nocturnal means come out at night or prefer dark over sunshine -- hunt early morning at day break til you had enuff, and or later just after sun down --
    Last edited by Jelvis; 06-20-2018 at 09:18 PM. Reason: HBC sticks together and helps hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    -- I had the pleasure of sitting down at a round table discussion with thee top Ministry guys in the Loops at the time, PHD in conservation up the North Thompson and Kamloops region.
    -- Clued all of us hunters and locals in on the moose rut time, we mostly thought October generally was thee time, butt no, senior biologist says, last week in September is hot and heavy for moose getting turned on and wanting to get it on real bad like.
    -- Mature cows bred first, bred mostly all by October 7 then tapering down a bit and the young ones get attention as they come into heat later in the rut.
    Jel -- Water ways are moose places, ponds, marshes - lil swamps etc. -- a moose needs to drink 2 gallons of water a day to be healthy -- mid Sept on 4 calling
    ---- Whaaaaa whaaaaaa, wha, -------------
    I agree with the last week of September thing, I have seen a lot of bull moose in my reg 3 and 8 areas on the move between sept 20-25....I also heard a cow moose bawling pretty bad all horned up nov 2nd last year with a bull grunting back...I guess when it's time to get it on with her it's time no matter what..

Moose are regulated by the amount of light that enters their eyes during daylight hours, it's called photo-periodism -- Sun light hours -- not moon light
    -- amount and length of day light entering eyes regulate the deer family, and how they feel, react, and breed and drop off and grow antlers all by the light
    -- not the temperature or snow or weather but, - amount of day light entering eyes
    So this way they breed every season dispite out side temperature or moisture or what ever.
    -- Moose talk to each other and to themselves like humans do, moose talk, wha wha wha.
    Jel -- September 15th and on is when I use my birch bark moose caller -- Wha wha whaaaaaa --- over here big boyyy come and get me big fella -- your soo strong
    Last edited by Jelvis; 06-21-2018 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Moose are big moose are strong moose taste good

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    -- I had the pleasure of sitting down at a round table discussion with thee top Ministry guys in the Loops at the time, PHD in conservation up the North Thompson and Kamloops region.
    -- Clued all of us hunters and locals in on the moose rut time, we mostly thought October generally was thee time, butt no, senior biologist says, last week in September is hot and heavy for moose getting turned on and wanting to get it on real bad like.
    -- Mature cows bred first, bred mostly all by October 7 then tapering down a bit and the young ones get attention as they come into heat later in the rut.
    Jel -- Water ways are moose places, ponds, marshes - lil swamps etc. -- a moose needs to drink 2 gallons of water a day to be healthy -- mid Sept on 4 calling
    ---- Whaaaaa whaaaaaa, wha, -------------
    yup, late sept. I have seen moose in heavy action already....many times!!!

Hi Michel, Im looking to plan a hunt next year at Teslin Lake. How was it up there? Any issues with the Natives?
    Any insite would be appreciated.

Cheers