Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Bears

Hunting Bears

I do believe we should thank the anti's and the snowflakes for more bears hitting the dirt this season. It seems to me that more people have been putting in the effort to hunt bears this season and many being successful in cutting their tags on some very nice bruins. So thanks again for getting many of us truly motivated in getting into the hunting of bears, myself included
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting Bears

With many areas seeing a drop in the ungulate populations, hunting and eating bears is a great alternative.

If my freezer is full of ungulate meat I tend to be fussy on bears. With lots of room in my freezer, not so fussy.

Win win.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Agree with Steve. I'm not thanking anyone other than my grumbling belly for my bear success.

Good luck for anyone still chasing boo boo

Chris

I have always hunted bear and have introduced many to bear hunting. In my opinion a big part of the increase in bear hunting has more to do with hunters learning that bear meat is good eating. When I was a kid many hunters would not hunt bears because they were told they had poor flavour. Personally watched a good number of hunters change their mind just by getting them to try some well prepared meat and not just sausage

In my opinion the Internet educating hunters on bear meat had a larger impact on the number of hunters targeting bears then decreasing ungulate numbers. It’s not a hard sell once hunters taste good bear meat combined with the ability to hunt during spring well waiting for fall to come

For me the fact ungulates benifit for bear hunting is just a bonus but I would be bear hunting regardless of this perk

Don't hunt bear, we really don't like the meat, but have noticed everybody and their Mother out bear hunting near our cabin.
    The bears are falling faster than Vancouver Real Estate prices.
    Maybe if all you guys fill your freezers with bear there'll be no room left for deer and you'll leave a few deer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    Don't hunt bear, we really don't like the meat, but have noticed everybody and their Mother out bear hunting near our cabin.
    The bears are falling faster than Vancouver Real Estate prices.
    Maybe if all you guys fill your freezers with bear there'll be no room left for deer and you'll leave a few deer for me.
    Learn how to cook bear meat you might get out and join the fun. Only hunters I have not been able to convert after a good meal are those who can’t get over how a bear looks skinned or just the fact it’s a bear lol

I will keep hunting ungulates as well because they are really good as well

I hunt bears a lot, but am to damn picky! Lol. Iv lined up on a few this spring, but haven’t pulled a trigger, yet. I tend to target where I moose hunt, I like bear meat, but my main motive besides just getting out there, is to save a moose calf or two. So far this season, I’m failing. As the season gets closer to the end, I won’t be so picky. The rifle I’m using this season, requires a big bear for its first kill lol.

i share bear meat frequently i typically enjoy the fresh boost but i share lots to bait more bear hunters out....lol love it..

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Learn how to cook bear meat you might get out and join the fun. Only hunters I have not been able to convert after a good meal are those who can’t get over how a bear looks skinned or just the fact it’s a bear lol

I will keep hunting ungulates as well because they are really good as well
    We've tried for years but simply don't enjoy bear meat.
    Son, on the other hand much prefers bear to venison.
    Some years I get a bear tag and join him but not interested myself in shooting one.
    Have no problems with the "look" or anything, was at the cabin last month giving a hand to a feller at the cabin across the road who was processing his bear kill.

Out of everything GOS bear is by far the most tasty BUT you have to get way out there away from towns and big rivers or it'll taste like CRAP! I got a Berry patch fall bear last year and it was my first.. I ate that meat faster than I ever imagined. So as soon as spring bear opened I out two more in the freezer ! Have 150lbs of kielbasa, sausage, smokies and peporoni.