Thread: Introducing Belmont's Thunder and Lightning AKA Molly

Introducing Belmont's Thunder and Lightning AKA Molly

Well it's been a few weeks now and our pup is settling in her new home nicely. She's an absolute sweet heart and as a dad she has been the best thing I've ever done for my two boys who are 5 and 2. Can't wait for the day when she comes out into the field with me and the boys and delivers our birds to hand.

I can't thank Kevin Hill at Belmont enough for providing us with such an amazing pup. She's smart as a whip and given her pedigree, I'm not surprised in the slightest! For now she's busy getting into everything, but thankfully having two kids around the house, our home is "baby proofed" and so far the same seems to be holding true as far as being puppy proofed too (though she always manages to find something new we haven't thought of).

Here's the family tree on her father's side:

https://huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=107265
    Last edited by deltawaterfowler; 06-11-2018 at 04:25 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Introducing Belmont's Thunder and Lightning AKA Molly

Great pedigree. She has big paws to fill with a lineage like that. Congratulations and have fun.
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

looks like a great pup. Looking forward to some pics

For some reason I can't see the photo but after looking at the pedigree I don't think I need to go out on a limb to say it's a lab. My dog (griff) is almost out of the puppy stage. Put in the work now and it will pay huge dividends later on!

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    For some reason I can't see the photo but after looking at the pedigree I don't think I need to go out on a limb to say it's a lab. My dog (griff) is almost out of the puppy stage. Put in the work now and it will pay huge dividends later on!
    Thanks everyone!

I'll be sure to post more pictures soon... man does she ever grow fast! I'll be using RightStart Kennel's DVD as my guide through the puppy phase before she goes to school in September for the more serious training. I can't wait to see what Kevin can accomplish with the pup. It's expensive but I think in the long run will be worth it. She's also super smart. Crate trained in 3 days, potty trained in under 2 weeks... So far she's knows the SIT command, COME (or COME HERE) and now I'm starting to introduce the leash and short walks (being mindful of other dogs of courseand keeping her away).

This being my first dog ever, I couldn't be happier with her. She's great with the kids and I know she's going to be a fantastic gun dog and hunting partner down the road too with some patience and proper training.

You’ll be happy with what Kevin can bring out in your pup. Sounds like we both will have pups with him in fall

Did you get a pup from his smaller litter of 3? Or did you get the 2nd batch from the larger litter?

No I own a pup from along his lines already. Went a different route with a drathaar.