Thread: Sheep casings smell like rotting meat

Post Sheep casings smell like rotting meat

I picked up some from cabelas today....I was dry heaving they smelled so bad..I phoned the number on the back and got winnipeg where they are packaged and the guy said it was normal and didn't know why..said his whole shop smelled when they get them in.

After spending a ton of time rinsing them I was able to get the smell out.. was very frustrating, they were incredibly hard to get started over the end of the horn..

I hate collagen casings and now I hate sheep casings..from now on if Im having homemade breakfeast sausages the will be hog casings..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sheep casings smell like rotting meat

ElectricDyck not sure where your located but i get all my sausage making supplies from Stuffers in Abbotsford, they have online shopping and ship twice a week, never had any issues with there sheep casings...
    Twanger....
    Resident Hunter - Team 45/70 Member #680

guest Guest

Don't need casings...... Press EM into patties.

thats gross...i couldnt use that.

What you need is pig casings
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Thanks Twanger thought stuffers was closed for some reason..have bought from them in the past..

Curly ..yeah tried a few in patties to test the mixture but something about having sausages i like must be in my head..

Should have smelled them it was terrible! My sink smelled for the rest of the day after rinsing them..dont buy sheep casings from cabelas..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

I am with you ElectricDyck, patties don't cut it with me either, there is something about the snap of a good homemade sausage in natural casings..
    Resident Hunter - Team 45/70 Member #680

I used some salted lamb casings from the local butcher here in Nanaimo and no stench. Did smell like lamb meat but yeah all good.
    I support PETA!
    People Eating Tasty Animals!

Stuffers in Langley on Fraser Highway always has nice casings in stock. They do smell... but that is normal and goes away after an hour or so rinse in cold water. Def don't smell like rotten meat though.... yuck.
    Good Old Outdoors "I was so puckered up down betweenst my butt cheeks I could have made a world class diamond that Beyonce herself couldn't even handle."