Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Who's had animal problems in camp?

Re: Who's had animal problems in camp?

Was camping in a forestry campsite a while ago and left a bottle of Baileys on the table for morning coffee reinforcement. A couple of really drunk yahoos moved in next to me one day and came over to borrow a Saskatchewan spanner, which I lent them and they returned. The next morning I was heading out fishing when one of them asked if they could use the wrench again as they were leaving. I said “sure” just leave it on the table when you are done with it. When I returned from fishing I noticed the wrench was there but the Baileys had been replaced by a half bottle of rye.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Time is the fire in which we all burn

Quote Originally Posted by panhead View Post
    When I returned from fishing I noticed the wrench was there but the Baileys had been replaced by a half bottle of rye.
    Sounds like a good trade to me.

some rodent ate all the cork off my fishing rod while camping at a lake. grizzly once destroyed our sheep spike camp in spatsizi, thankfully we slept in sleeping bags on shale up on the mountain that night.

A few run in’s, but have never had a problem. Except one time, frigin ground squirrel robbed my last pack of captain blacks, 2 days before the plane picked us up. If ida known which one it was, we woulda been eating ground squirrel that night.

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    A few run in’s, but have never had a problem. Except one time, frigin ground squirrel robbed my last pack of captain blacks, 2 days before the plane picked us up. If ida known which one it was, we woulda been eating ground squirrel that night.
    That sucks, captain blacks are a staple in our hunting camp. I’d be choked.

A bunch of cows wandering through camp about an hour after falling asleep in the tent trailer. Funny what that sounds like when you're half asleep after a night of beers by the fire!

Besides that mostly rodents...

One of my first solo hiking trips many moons ago. A couple of mice outside my tent in the middle of the night woke me up thinking I was surrounded by hungry bears.. (Bought my Defender after that trip )

Pack rat around the engine of the jeep. It was like my dog was on coke for two days until I finally nailed that f**cker!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    That sucks, captain blacks are a staple in our hunting camp. I’d be choked.
    The captains weren’t the only thing they got into, luckily we still had a couple of these chilling in the lake lol. Sorry bout the link, I’m not around my PC to post the actual photo.

https://imgur.com/a/ACaQsBk

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Wasn't a hunting camp, but I had a large pack of wolves pick a little meadow right beside
    my tent to hold a singalong for at least an hour. The constant din was deafening at times.
    I was up in the Cascades along the Alaskan Hwy on a bicycle tour in June, about the same time
    as a lot of grizzles start wandering around after hibernation, so although I didn't think they were
    a real threat to me, I was already feeling a little vulnerable in my wee 2 man piece of thin nylon.