Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: nice choclate phase down..

nice choclate phase down..

will ask someone to post some pics for me tomorow.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: nice choclate phase down..

Congrats! This is great news.

Looking forward to seeing the Bear.

Congrats, great to hear of so many bears hitting the dirt....

Lets see some pictures!

Where are all the BLACK bears?

looks lime fuzzybiscuit is a swell guy and help post them up.
    i would love to tell you a epic bear hunting tale but truth is i normally just shoot them when i see them doing my normal day to day activitys....
    this year i saw some small boars and small sows with cubs including blonde cubs...
    this weekend was like every other weekend working and working and working...saturday night it started to snow in tbe alpine above my house and countinued most of sunday...
    after eating to many caribou tocos aroud 6 pm the sun came out...i told the wife i am eitheir going to bed or go bear hunting the classic after dinner sunday stuffed and relaxed...

she told me i can not go to bed that early i better go hunting..
    so i grabbed the 458 and decided to go for a drive...
    i have numerous locations around and i had to decide two things.
    1.where do i think there is a mature male blackbear
    2.where do i want to make sure there is no fawn eaters.
    haveing cbecked numerous of my fawning areas in the last week i opted yo go look on a mountain we call freezer 4 as it seems to feed me on demand.

this mountain is very steep and made up of only 7 slahes with a burn above amd stands of decidious...and fir open rocky timber...
    this hidden gem has mule deer moose grouse and bear in great numbers...
    i was hesitant to go in because downhill recoverys can be painfull..
    just afyer the 2km marker i noticed a new broken sappling about 5-6 feet up the tree. clear signs of a boar marking his territory...as i approached the top of the hill i was scanning every corner and this reddish brown clear as day boar was doing mach 5 up the steep terrain...
    i gave him the classic (maahh) as i chambered a 400 grain bullet into the custom mauser action...leading the bear i thought of shooting him running bit decided to hope for a look back...
    as the bear entered the timber he stopped behind a tree to stair....

i could not make out his lungs clearly so i put the crosshairs on his neck as i set the trigger i was a flick from fireing i exhaled and touched the trigger..
    the rifle roared to life as if in the same secound the bear dropped like a stone...than the down hill rolls began... he covered quite some distance rolling.

i gave him a couple minutes and walked up to a nice 6ft brown blackbear stone dead... having cleanes the truck out earlier that day i was low on extra pack out stuff and cleaned him to lighten the drag...about 45 minutes later i had him in winching distance to the truck...

winching went quick but i still could not get him in the box of the truck...the wife has been bugging me for a rug so i did not want to cut him...
    instead i dragged him to the uphill bank across the street and pulled the old back the tailgate into the bank manuver and on to home.

home was the easiest lifting i have done on a bear before...i fired up my new 220 excavator and lifted..lol

Walks with deer had some great video too but unfortunately I’m not advanced enough to post it up.

Congrats on a great bear.

how to do a screenshot on a pc

thats a great looking bear !!

beautiful bear! congrats!