Thread: Firewood around Harrison?

Firewood around Harrison?

Taking my 2 sons camping around Sasquatch provincial park this weekend and would like to go searching for a dead stand to cut with them for firewood. Of course I have to get out of the park, but am wondering if anyone has an idea of where to go? Thanks for any help in advance.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Firewood around Harrison?

The road along side the lake up to bear creek should have tons of areas where you can get what you need BUT you really should have a permit. Many will tell you "just do it" which I do, but your really supposed to have a permit.
    https://www.for.gov.bc.ca/dsq/opplan...d_fup_info.pdf
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Technically illegal to cut deadfall without a free firewood permit. Unfortunately in region 2 there’s only a couple spots they allow it, and Harrison is not one of them. Anywhere not included in these maps, you’re cutting at your own risk. That being said, I cut a few cords of wood up Chehalis and Harrison areas each year without issue. Just don’t get caught selling any wood, it’s only for personal use. Here’s a link to the permits.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/i...rewood-permits
    Last edited by plumberjustin; 06-08-2018 at 07:40 AM.
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.

Or just past the Sasquatch inn, 2nd road right side the log sort dumps their ends outside the gate for people to take for firewood
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

Thanks for the thoughts here guys, as well as pointing out the regulations surrounding this.