Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a cooler

Re: Looking for a cooler

I've been using those stainless steel Coleman coolers for years...they don't have the biggest capacity so if you bring a lot of meat keep it in one cooler and use the other like a fridge...pre-cooling them does help... lay three BLOCKS of ice across the bottoms of each cooler and load them up with your food...keep them in the shade/covered with a heavy towel and you will still have 75% of your ice blocks left after a 7-day trip.

Coleman Extreme 120 on sale tomorrow at CT, $100 off!
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by Z71 View Post
    I've been using those stainless steel Coleman coolers for years...they don't have the biggest capacity so if you bring a lot of meat keep it in one cooler and use the other like a fridge...pre-cooling them does help... lay three BLOCKS of ice across the bottoms of each cooler and load them up with your food...keep them in the shade/covered with a heavy towel and you will still have 75% of your ice blocks left after a 7-day trip.
    They are terrible. You must have got lucky. I've had two and they were trash... I have one sitting on my back step I use as a foot stool... Heh

I have the roller Coleman extreme 100 and it does the trick on hunting trips, doesn't last too long in summer though

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    ...If the lifetime works even HALF as well as a true yeti.. then I wouldn't even hesitate to buy it. Then you can let us know so I can as well buy a couple...
    Living on the 'rock' it's not that easy to zip across the border and grab one.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Yeti coolers, Grizzly coolers - spend the money and save yourself the worry

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    Have been thinking of getting something similar so find this thread interesting.
    Is it true that to get the best performance from the Yetis and Cabella's coolers that you should pack it with ice before using it to bring the temperature down?
    Then you dump the ice ( or most of it ) and the insulation does the rest ????
    I usually throw my cooler in the deep freeze a few days before I leave.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Have had really good luck with the Woods Roto coolers from Cambodia Tire.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ro...4280p.html#srp

We have the 80l and it was given a good test last year and came through with no issues......as long as you do what others above have mentioned; freeze the inside prior to use, works way better. It comes with two freezer packs that fits into the cooler. Only complaint is the crappy handles that are molded into the cooler. Would have preferred the rope or plastic handles, but not a deal braker.

I am slowly going to replace our coolers with the Roto molds, except the big Igloo Marine Cooler......

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

I have a pelican and I love it

My hubby built 3 "cooler jackets", similar to the one pictured, for all 3 of our coolers. Extended ice life 100-150%. Total cost for plywood foam and hardware for all 3 of our coolers, under $100. We have saved well over that in the 5 yrs we have had them. We used rubber hood latches for commercial trucks and old garden host seal to ensure a tight seal on the lid.
    Last edited by Cedar Cowgirl; 06-07-2018 at 08:02 PM.
    I shoot a "Girly Gun" a lil' ol' 45-70
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and the pig likes it."