Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a cooler

Looking for a cooler

Hi Guy's and Gal's, i am tired of my ice being melted in a few day's and i have been looking for a good cooler, i am leaning towards the Cabela's Polar Cap Equalizer Cooler, does any one have this cooler and if so what are your thoughts or suggestions on a different Brand, i am looking for the 60 litre version.
    Thanks Blaine

I feel more like i do now than i did before i got here

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Looking for a cooler

I was reading on another forum that Walmart in the USA has a 55 quart lifetime cooler for about $100 USD that people think is comparable to a yeti

The ozark coolers from wallmart look like the yeti and are bear proof. I hate how the US to Can prices are near 100% more in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    I was reading on another forum that Walmart in the USA has a 55 quart lifetime cooler for about $100 USD that people think is comparable to a yeti
    These Lifetime coolers get incredible reviews online and appear to be bulletproof.

Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

I was going to suggest Canyon Coolers because I had one and it was excellent but after seeing the previous posts I think I'd just go to WalMart. That cooler looks awesome.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

I like my RTIC: https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coo.../RTIC-65-White

But, after seeing that 'lifetime' - that's what I would buy.

That Lifetime cooler is only available in the US at Walmart, on sale for $97.00usd
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

No clue about the lifetime coolers, but five years ago I splurged on a yeti 75 before a 6 months road trip. Was the best decision we made and never looked back. We could keep milk in the damn thing for a week without any concern. There wasn't a single fridge worthy item we went without. And it was easy to keep the bottom as a freezer and keep our meats frozen.

If the lifetime works even HALF as well as a true yeti.. then I wouldn't even hesitate to buy it. Then you can let us know so I can as well buy a couple, I'm always worried about bringing the yeti camping or hunting because I have heard of so many growing legs and wandering away...

Have been thinking of getting something similar so find this thread interesting.
    Is it true that to get the best performance from the Yetis and Cabella's coolers that you should pack it with ice before using it to bring the temperature down?
    Then you dump the ice ( or most of it ) and the insulation does the rest ????

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    Is it true that to get the best performance from the Yetis and Cabella's coolers that you should pack it with ice before using it to bring the temperature down?
    Then you dump the ice ( or most of it ) and the insulation does the rest ????
    Absolutely. Otherwise you end up having to cool the interior space with your frozen or refrigerated food and that just makes no sense.

Slightly off topic, we've gone to using frozen plastic water bottles as ice. Nothing I hate more than "cooler soup" after a bag of ice leaks all over. Frozen water bottles are perfectly contained and you can drink them as they thaw. Hard to use that ice for scotch, but not impossible.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?