Thread: BCWF Youth Camps

BCWF Youth Camps

Hi everyone. I’m working for the BC Wildlife Federation this year and thought I’d share a cool program they’re doing, for anyone who has kids. There’s a series of five summer camps being held across the province for a variety of age ranges. All of them are focused on getting kids outdoors, teaching them about conservation, and developing wilderness skills.

Some examples of activities include fly tying and hike-in fishing, shelter building, fire starting and backcountry skills, presentations by COs, and having the kids lead their own conservation project. As a resident hunter and angler myself, I’m super excited that the kids are getting to the opportunity to participate in range days with partner fish and game clubs where they’ll learn safe firearm handling and get to use a variety of firearms/bows. There’s a lot of the fun typical summer camp stuff too.

Here are the details for the camps;

• Castlegar: July 9-13, ages 9-12, 8:30am to 4:30pm every day, $50
    • Winfield: July 16-20, ages 13-17, 8:30am to 4:30pm every day (with one overnight), $200
    • Rock Creek: July 23-27, ages 10-17, 8:30 to 4:30 every day, $50
    • Dawson Creek: July 30-August 3, ages 9-14, 8:30am to 4:30pm every day (with one overnight), $200
    • Abbotsford: August 20-August 24, ages 9-12, 8:30am to 4:30pm every day (with one overnight), $200

More info about the youth camp: http://bcwf.net/index.php/programs/y...ograms/go-wild

More info about the kids camp: http://bcwf.net/index.php/programs/y...grams/wildkidz

If you live near any of these areas I definitely encourage you to sign your kids up.
    We’re always looking for volunteers. I know our community’s got a lot of talent and passion for conservation, so if you have a skill or some knowledge you’d like to speak to the kids about, shoot us a message, we’d love to try and figure something out. And if you’re able to make a donation, either financial or of supplies, we’d be happy to accept that too (whether it’s ammo for the range days, outdoor gear etc). We’re trying to keep the fees of the camps as low as we possibly can and heavily subsidizing them, which all comes from generous supporters like you folks.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by suburbboy; 06-22-2018 at 01:28 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: BCWF Youth Camps

Some happy campers from previous years

These are great camps that the kids love! I volunteered/chaperoned a few years ago when the Go Wild one was in the lower mainland and it was awesome.

Thanks LupieHunter! It's quite a cool opportunity for kids and we'd love to provide it to as many youth as possible. If you know any families that would be interested, please do forward them our information!

He’s still to young, but hopefully there’s some close to home in the next few years.....

barry1974w, we've been flexible with age ranges in that past, as long as parents think the kids are up to handling it. I'm guessing Dawson Creek is a little too far east for you?

Suburbboy--- you have missed perhaps the most fun Kid Camp in BC.. Region 1 at the Courtenay and District Fish and Game. Check it out ! https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...29883507191867

my son went to Courtney last year and he's going again. he had a lot of fun and all he's talked about the last year