Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Comment!!!!now

Comment!!!!now

https://engage.gov.bc.ca/wildlifeandhabitat/

Im posting this again.
    The number of comments from hunters and outdoorsman is pretty minimal. More and more anti comments are popping up. Do you really want them to outnumber our comments? I have been replying to their uninformed logic as much as I can. I hope to see more comments from this group. It doesn’t take long. Cmon !?!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Comment!!!!now

They were all posted at the same time and repeat the exact same points in the same wording under different names. Under each challenge category. Line, doris, chantal in one all have the exact same points posted at the same time.

I think this is likely one person repeat posting to game the system.

I commented
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

I read some of it, some sounds decent anyways, some will take time and effort first before anything much will change.
    Hunters will need to be asked questions also so we can defend our rights first of all.--
    -- We are hunters first and hunters are first in conservation and management of wild life.
    Jelvis -- Mule deer are my main interest in the Reg 3 area around Kamloops B.C. -- this area is high quality mule deer habitat and needs to stay that way.

Commented.

I got a reply today about a comment I submitted. I'll try and attach it.

Hello

Thank you for your interest in the Wildlife and Habitat engagement.

We are writing regarding your comment to the engagement.

There have been many comments regarding Indigenous harvesting rights. First Nations have a protected right to hunt and fish for food, social and ceremonial purposes under section 35 of the Canadian Constitution. Comments about changing the constitution are outside the scope of this engagement. Comments on this discussion forum are expected to follow the conventions of polite discourse and should be carried on in a constructive and good-natured manner, comments that may be interpreted as racist or that focus on ancestry will not be approved or posted.

This discussion forum welcomes candid dialogue and diverse views, however, all comments must adhere to the Moderation Policy. The Moderation Policy is intended to ensure that all British Columbians feel welcome to participate in a respectful exchange of information and ideas in a polite way and do not feel excluded or discriminated against by other’s comments.

There just left a bunch of comments, didn't see too many anti hunter comments fortunately..

Unless I read it wrong Section 35 protects treaty rights, not a carte blanche to hunt fish etc unless defined under each treaty....

ETA:
    I was wrong....Supreme court of Canada upheld that native rights to hunt/fish protected under sec 35
    Last edited by ROY-alty33; 06-05-2018 at 12:08 AM. Reason: i was wrong

Everyone should take a few moments to comment.

http://www.vancouverhunter.com/<--------- LINK TO BLOG

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    I got a reply today about a comment I submitted. I'll try and attach it.

Hello

Thank you for your interest in the Wildlife and Habitat engagement.

We are writing regarding your comment to the engagement.

There have been many comments regarding Indigenous harvesting rights. First Nations have a protected right to hunt and fish for food, social and ceremonial purposes under section 35 of the Canadian Constitution. Comments about changing the constitution are outside the scope of this engagement. Comments on this discussion forum are expected to follow the conventions of polite discourse and should be carried on in a constructive and good-natured manner, comments that may be interpreted as racist or that focus on ancestry will not be approved or posted.

So they ask for feedback, yet when you provide true opinion they moderate it.

Seems to me that the FN do harvest a considerable amount of game which needs to be factored into the inventory, in order to come up with good numbers for management purposes.. what a sham..
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main