Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Vet recommendations near Langley?

Looking for Vet recommendations near Langley?

Hi All,

We are getting our new puppy in a little over a month and are looking for a good Vet on our area, or reasonably close by (we live in Walnut Grove). Any recommendations?

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Looking for Vet recommendations near Langley?

Guildford Animal Hospital 96th and 152nd. Dr. Cathy Gies and her staff are amazing!

Deending on how far you want to go but our vet in Abbotsford is incredible. He is the vet for the Vancouver Zoo-ological Centre (Game Farm) and used to be the vet for Mountainview Wildlife when it was oen. Both our daughters have worked for him and now one is a collegue in the animal world with him. Dr. Bruce Burton .... Burton Veterinary Clinic on Starr Road in Abby just off Bradner.

I do have to warn you his techs are both very opinionate English women and will tell you off if need be, very rough around the edges (they are hilarious) but very good at their jobs. Have been with Bruce a long long time, hearts of gold and mushy inside once you get past their sarcasm and bluntness.
    Last edited by newhunterette; 06-04-2018 at 07:01 AM.

A Real Southern Canadian Beaver &
    I am Proud to be 100% Canadian "Y'ALL"
    + 110% Redneck Woman "Yehaww"

redneck wedding vow: til huntin season do we part
    watch Alison's Kitchen on "Nice Fish Pro Staff" with Gary Cooper

Talk to Mastercaster on the forum, his vet sounds awesome and reasonable.
    I shoot a "Girly Gun" a lil' ol' 45-70
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and the pig likes it."

Does not matter who you get for a vet, Matters more that you find a vet within 5-10 minutes from home. Reason being, If you have an emergency do you want to drive through numerous cities and or a lot of traffic to get there. What you want is to find is a vet you feel comfortable with. If you are in Walnut Grove, Find a vet there. Go and talk to them and see if they make you feel comfortable with them. You do not want to be stuck in traffic with an injured or sick animal.

I was always treated well (for years) by Dr. Carnes at Country Grove Vet Clinic in Aldergrove. He has since retired, and Dr. Jessica Wolfe has taken over the practice.

My only (and recent) interaction with her and her staff was on the last day of my dog's life. They did what they could, and within hours recommended that I take him to the Animal Emergency Clinic in Langley.

I have to say, Dr. Wolfe, her staff, and the staff at the Emergency in Langley were pretty great on that difficult day.

Not sure if that is a proper "recommendation", but....

Quote Originally Posted by newhunterette View Post
    Deending on how far you want to go but our vet in Abbotsford is incredible. He is the vet for the Vancouver Zoo-ological Centre (Game Farm) and used to be the vet for Mountainview Wildlife when it was oen. Both our daughters have worked for him and now one is a collegue in the animal world with him. Dr. Bruce Burton .... Burton Veterinary Clinic on Starr Road in Abby just off Bradner.

I do have to warn you his techs are both very opinionate English women and will tell you off if need be, very rough around the edges (they are hilarious) but very good at their jobs. Have been with Bruce a long long time, hearts of gold and mushy inside once you get past their sarcasm and bluntness.
    Down to earth place no frills no BS. When we had to put down our Rottie last fall they didn't sugar coat it and charge us a fortune with vein hopes. Whatever you don't go see the clown around the corner by the Credit union. It's all about the $$ with that guy.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Not for your everyday stuff but for Emergencies, Critical Care and such, the Animal Emergency Clinic of the Fraser Valley is at 6325 204th St.
    Always open.
    We'll be there tomorrow for Oncology and Neurology tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    Not for your everyday stuff but for Emergencies, Critical Care and such, the Animal Emergency Clinic of the Fraser Valley is at 6325 204th St.
    Always open.
    We'll be there tomorrow for Oncology and Neurology tests.
    Good people there. Hope things go well for you guys IG...

Not sure if they do general vet stuff but There’s an emergency vet near Costco that’s supposed to be good, they have a blood donor program too, we haven’t done it but if your dog gives blood they waive any emergency fees if you go in, your pet gets free blood transfusions if needed and they’ll do a blood panel on the dog for free. Not saying you should go just for the perks but it’s supposed to be a good vet.