Thread: Dunster-Croydon / Tete Jaune-Croydon FSR

Dunster-Croydon / Tete Jaune-Croydon FSR

Hello all. In a couple of weeks we are travelling to Valemont for the craft beer festival they are having there. Instead of taking the highway as always I was hoping to explore some new ground. Just wondering if anyone has been on these FSR this year and the condition. Also is there anything neat/cool to see from that side? Views of the river? Anything? Thank you.
    "Fight back, no battles have ever been won by a coward"

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Dunster-Croydon / Tete Jaune-Croydon FSR

Lots of people live there so the road is usually pretty good. Lots of interesting ground to see. Sometimes there’s lots of game running around. Other times not so much.

Re: Dunster-Croydon / Tete Jaune-Croydon FSR

It's a nice drive for sure, I grew up there. There's lots of black bears over there, usually a deer or 3, and last year we seen two cow elk as well. There's a few spots where it runs right beside the river, not sure how high the water is now but there's a couple nice spots there. If you drive up the Sand Creek FSR there's a lot of road in there, get some great views of Mt. Robson once you get up on top back in there, it's a different view of it rather than the view from the hiway at Mt. Robson. Also just some spectacular views of the valley in general. If you're into a little hike there's trail down to the salmon spawning grounds that's a nice hike but bring bug spray! Not sure of the trail condition as I haven't been down there in long time but I would assume its fine. Starts from a turnoff just before crossing the tracks closer to the Tete Jaune end. Just a few things to consider besides the nice farms and fields and also the old Dunster store.