Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grouse bow

Grouse bow

Looking to do some grouse hunting with my bow this season, anyone have advice on a good setup?

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Grouse bow

Rubber heads work well.

Yea, rubber blunts do a job on them. They're just about the cheapest thing too.

Judos, SGH's (I think they're called) too but cost a deal more.

Don't be precious about your small game arrows too, especially if you're sending them out of a stick bow!

Snarro works awesome for grouse and I have tried them all

my next choice is old broad head and shoot for where the neck meats the body. If you’re a good shot no real meat damage but might clip a little off the top of the breast. Best part the don’t go far with no head

Rubber broadheads didnt even think of that one.

Judo points are my go to as unless you are shooting into trees. My experiance is that judos are hard to lose with ground shots.

I've always wanted to try flu flu fletchings. I've got a pointer now and can barely hit them with a shotgun let alone my bow.

lol use a rifle shell glued over arrow.

Grouse are tough and tend to fly twenty or so yards after a fatal hit resulting in a search . Try gentle herding them to grass or moss so your judo point tangles up and helps prevent those fly aways !!!!
    Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Quote Originally Posted by greybark View Post
    Grouse are tough and tend to fly twenty or so yards after a fatal hit resulting in a search . Try gentle herding them to grass or moss so your judo point tangles up and helps prevent those fly aways !!!!
    Cheers

That is why I like the snaro the large cloverleaf snares on it make head neck/shots easy. Results end in grouse that go feet at most

What you mention with judo points works well with trad or low poundage compounds but 60+lbs compound with a judo point results in pass through so no tangling. Pinning wings with a judo still works but proffer the old broad head with the shot placement I mentioned with a compound

I just hate searching for the little buggers because they hide too well so found what solved the issue for me