Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big bear down

Re: Big bear down

Nice mature bear, lookin for girls gets all males in trouble!!! did you measure the skull?
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

I am getting the skull cleaned up with beetles but I never did measure before hand. It will be interesting to see what it scores as his head was huge.

I was certain I left a comment on this thread, but maybe I am getting mixed up with all these huge bears!

Great story and pictures. I love the double-lung-spine shot. I don't aim for it specifically but heck of a bonus when it happens especially with that guy... you don't want him running 50 yards!!

guest Guest

Nice bear. Congrats.
    some great Cured hams there, lots of sausage too.

thanks for taking out a Predator and helping the Ungulates

remember to share with Jazzy and Raincoast friends.

Fired up some bear chunks in the pan the other night for dinner. The taste was excellent! Bear meat is my opinion one of the tastiest game meats. Dropped off 45 pound to be made into pepperoni. Going to smoke up the hams and save the rest for stew and ground. Going to render down the fat as well!

I heard from a hunter who loves cutting animals up and wanted to be a butcher that bear makes the best sausage, people love it.
    Jel-Black Bear Sausage, taste iz dee bestest in dee westest --

Quote Originally Posted by The_Bear_Man View Post
    Fired up some bear chunks in the pan the other night for dinner. The taste was excellent! Bear meat is my opinion one of the tastiest game meats. Dropped off 45 pound to be made into pepperoni. Going to smoke up the hams and save the rest for stew and ground. Going to render down the fat as well!
    I agree! Got.my first bear in September and im already up to 3, for what I can harvest GOS they are the tastiest !

Very nice bear you got , congrats !
    Arctic Lake

Great bear. congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Bear_Man View Post
    I recommend bbq bear burgers and teriyaki ginger bear stir fry. Two of my fav ways to eat bear