Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best moose burger recipe?

Best moose burger recipe?

I'm craving some real good home made moose burgers! We still have at least 100 pounds of prime moose burger.....does anyone have a favorite moose burger recipe we could try? There has to be some dedicated burger cooks on this site?

What is your best moose burger recipe?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Best moose burger recipe?

We dont do anything fancy, seems like the less ingredients the better. Bread or cracker crumbs, egg, salt and pepper, and a few other spices.

Add salt and cook!

I know my mom used to add onion soup mix into the burger. One time we had burger that was stuffed with cream cheese, very tasty.

Bread crumbs, egg, worchestisher, seasoning salt, garlic powder, chopped onion, bit of favourite barbecue sauce and a handful of oatmeal if needed. Mix up and leave in ball for a few hours, make patties and let sit in fridge for an hour or 2 and cook up. Can just throw together and cook right away of course but letting it sit brings out the flavours much better.

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    We dont do anything fancy, seems like the less ingredients the better. Bread or cracker crumbs, egg, salt and pepper, and a few other spices.
    x 2. Of course you have to melt some cheese on top of the burger before pulling off the grill, and bacon is a must
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

my favourite tricks are to shred some raw potato in with the mix for moistness and egg to hold it together...(1 large potato and 1 egg for about 5lbs burger) also finely chopped onion and spices to taste

Getting some good ideas to try from the posts here, grated spuds and oatmeal are some things I'd never have thought to try!!

I wonder if adding some jalepeno peppers to the mix would be good, anyone try that?

I always use a duck egg
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Simple is best IMO. I'd rather jazz up the burger with bun toppings than changing the flavour of the meat.
    An egg, some Panko or regular fine bread crumbs as a binder (oatmeal too I suppose). Form 1/4 lb - 1/3 lb balls, then press between two cutting boards. Salt and pepper and on to the grill.