Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What vehicle if money were no object?

Re: What vehicle if money were no object?

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    An ML55 AMG would fit nice, might need some suspension mods for big mudders

but it won't have the nostalgia of a tricked out 70'ish K5 Blazer
    Looks interesting - couple on CL for $5k'ish. Dump $5k or so into it and have a sweet bush buggy.

I'd build a shop, with a lift, and a better welder. Then I would build stuff. I'd keep buying tools as I needed them.

First, go through my f350, new injectors, turbo, and a Trans and tcase rebuild. Build a winch bumper, slap a big dirty warn in there, and another one at the back. Put a new box on it, and fix the cab corner rust.
    Pay off the wife's Tacoma.
    Then it's project time.
    Another Toyota wheeler, 4runner body with a chop, on a 2wd xtra cab frame. 37" tires, on built toy axles, running comp ARB lockers that default to locked, with a 5vze, w56, and duals with RCV bits.

Then I'd start on my crew cab f550 12v conversion. I'd use a later model 550, to get the coil sprung front end, run 40" tires, E lockers at both ends, 12,000lb winches at both ends, flatdecked. Enough deck to haul the runner on. 2.5" hitch, to haul a camper trailer. Maybe a crane. Cranes are good.

Camper trailer- fully boxed steel frame, with aluminum for the box framing. 3" thick walls, BIG propane tanks, no slides, on 33" tires. Wood stove, located close to the door, with a wood box accessible from both inside and out. Separate bedroom at the front, privacy door for the dining area/kids bed at the back.

Ok...now I'll build a buggy.

14 bolts front and rear, coyote motor, some kinda automagic, and a 3 speed atlas. 118" wheelbase, 2 seater, decent size fuel tank, 43" stickies, and a set of 46" claws for snow.

Buying stuff sucks, you end up with other people's problems. I like to build my own problems, and I like building cars and trucks as much as I like driving them.
    Last edited by Squamch; 06-01-2018 at 09:38 PM.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

You guys make me laugh .... money no object and you choose 3500 dodges that you can buy used for $25k and in good shape to boot lol.

Space Shuttle

WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Dodge demon, supercharge the ram I have now just for fun and something mildly luxurious to start, no rolls Royce’s or anything that fancy. I wouldn’t mind a really nice but functional bronco or full size blazer either.

Rebuilt 82 land cruiser 3b diesel with lockers
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

Landcruiser or bronco.

https://www.icon4x4.com/
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by huntfish View Post
    If money was no object then the Grizzly truck is my choice, came out before I was in the market to buy one,
    Are they still building the Grizz, remember when I seen the first one on Van. Is.