Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Leh deadline extended

Re: Leh deadline extended

F#*#K I wish they'd adopted the Albert system.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportster View Post
    F#*#K I wish they'd adopted the Albert system.
    I agree. Not sure if it will ever happen!!

I am a license vendor. Our login system is different than BCeID and easier to use. If you're having trouble with buying licenses or LEH from home, head down to your local Government front office or a hunting shop and they can assist.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

It's odd how some people have problems and can't get it to work, while others breeze right through. I helped a buddy this year without issue, whereas last year, he got so frustrated he gave up. Now that he watched me do his LEH, he realized he was doing things wrong last year. He figures the instructions could be clearer.
    I had my solo and group LEH hunts picked and paid for in 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubertuber View Post
    It's odd how some people have problems and can't get it to work, while others breeze right through. I helped a buddy this year without issue, whereas last year, he got so frustrated he gave up. Now that he watched me do his LEH, he realized he was doing things wrong last year. He figures the instructions could be clearer.
    I had my solo and group LEH hunts picked and paid for in 10 minutes.
    It depends on volume at that particular time. Generally after LEH opens and the last few days before it ends there are all sorts of problems from connection timeouts, too many connection errors, apparent connectivity issues between their web servers and database servers. Sure some people might have difficulties navigating the site, but as a systems engineer who has worked in the web hosting industry for 20+ years, I know poor infrastructure and capacity problems when I see them.

The only advice I can give until they learn how to spec out proper infrastructure (again, it's 2018 and industry standards generally dictate any site like this should be virtualized, elastic, load balanced and auto-scale based on volume. Anything less is unreliable or inefficient and a waste of taxpayer money as it is cheaper do things properly and only pay for the resources you actually use) is to give yourself lots of time. Plan your shared/group hunts in advance, don't wait for hunting buddies who are stragglers who wait until the last week. Don't expect the system to be fully functional during peek hours or even half the time for the last few days and certainly do not expect the system to be even 2% functional on the last day at which point you will generally get minute long waits followed by a timeout or 500 error between clicks.

The only problem that I had was differentiating between various BCeid's that I hold for other business matters. Once I was able to create a personal one it was like Sh*t through a goose, other than the delay after clicking and waiting the icon spin for a minute each time...

I find buying licence & tags very easy. BCeID password change as I hadn’t logging in since last year. Change password and off you go. LEH shared hunts have one person do it for everyone instead of inviting them. Much, much easier even with having the other members pay you their share.

Quote Originally Posted by 4 point View Post
    I find buying licence & tags very easy. BCeID password change as I hadn’t logging in since last year. Change password and off you go. LEH shared hunts have one person do it for everyone instead of inviting them. Much, much easier even with having the other members pay you their share.
    It's definitely easy when the system is functioning. When it's not functioning, even 6 hours at the Service BC counter can't get you a tag.

Had my tags and license paid for in minutes. LEH draws in, passed along my shared hunt/group ID's to the others and it was a breeze. It's not rocket science. One question I do have, when is the actual draw and when do they post the results? That's one thing I haven't been able to find. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by HaywoodJablomi View Post
    Had my tags and license paid for in minutes. LEH draws in, passed along my shared hunt/group ID's to the others and it was a breeze. It's not rocket science. One question I do have, when is the actual draw and when do they post the results? That's one thing I haven't been able to find. Thanks in advance.
    Most people will have no issues. Mine were a breeze too, but we do need to acknowledge why LEH was extended. The reason is, that in peak times (first day of LEH, last day or two of LEH and when LEH results are out, the system is inaccessible for the most part) ... unfortunately the LEH peak once again prevented people from being able to apply, not only for LEH but for bear tags and what not. I am wise enough to avoid peak times, but we shouldn't excuse the system in the face of those who are less lucky or those who are not technically savvy enough to recognize broken infrastructure and avoid peak times. Having luck or being calculative shouldn't be a factor when ordering a tag from a website. Prior to the online system, nobody had to wait hours across multiple days to purchase a bear tag at the Service BC counter. I have worked in deploying hosting infrastructure for over 20 years and call tell you the system is 100% mickey mouse from an IT perspective and would be flawless and cheaper if done properly.

So yes, for 90% of people, the system is great... but lets not give it a pass and say "hey my stuff was super easy" when guys trying to get a bear tag a couple days before their hunt, both online and at the Service BC counter were out of luck. It needs improvement.

Results come out anywhere from mid June to the first week of July. My guess is June 26th. What is yours? May the odds be in your favor!

Here's a post a couple years back from wideopenthrottle with the historic dates... I don't recall the exact date for 2017 though

• 2016 - Monday June 27th ... login to BCeID to see your LEH Results
    • 2015 - Wednesday July 8th
    • 2014 - Tuesday July 8th
    • 2013 - Tuesday July 2nd
    • 2012 - Tuesday June 26th
    • 2011 - Wednesday June 15th
    • 2010 - Monday June 14th-
    Last edited by caddisguy; 05-27-2018 at 07:51 PM.