Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sick bear......

Re: sick bear......

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm not merely coughing...spitting..but serious horking...ya eating dead roadkill could adversely affect his digestion
    Steven
    Very unlikely IMO.
    Their digestive system is designed to eat carrion,some badly decayed similar to other carnivores.
    Like humans bears get sick or the bear is wounded. There is also a chance that the bear ate something poisonous that was prepared by humans.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Should have collected it and tried to sell it, like ambergris.

Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Or he got into some good greens and made a pig of himself, maybe just regurgitating
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Started the weekend to soon.😁
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Nothing like downing your first 26'r, after raiding your first (of many) campers!...

Seen it first hand, camping in Ucluelet on a fishing trip...

I named this one bear, Cooler..

Not to derail this thread, the dock at the campground was flooded one day with people cleaning there catch.

It was one of those, every one catches their limit kind of day!

The (new), manager's, left three large garbage cans over flowing with entrails, on the dock overnight.

5:30 the next morning, six bears pigging out including sow with cubs .

I could go on..

Yep, what a shiit show, soon as you went to bed, bears swarming the camp ground...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Went out to have coffee with mike 2 bears..and Mr.T..they were out by Horsefly camping and hunting bears
    8 years fighting WCB..still..kept me away from going out Wed.
    Couldn't find the guys but walked a short bit into a honey hole..and heard a strange noise..
    Peered around the corner and in the grizzly cut block..there was a 5 1/2 foot cinnamon brown bear ...PUKING..losing his lunch..the entire enchalada. ..
    Seen a lot of strange things over the years but not a wretching..vomiting bear..
    He looked healthy, not thin..nor in distress..I didnt really want to check out if he had a regular strong radial pulse..lol..very nice coat..no rubs..not interested in my presence.
    Imagine bears get sick too..just not seen by me till today..
    Still dont know where the hunters went.....
    Steven
    Last spring I walked down a deactivated road a couple km's where I was camping and found a nearly full container of motor oil and half of container of washer fluid.

I wasn't about to carry out some pathetic slobs junk a few km's but on my way out the next morning in the jeep I went to pick up the trash's trash.

Probably 50 holes in each of the containers. Bear hit it and licked up pretty much every drop off the ground... drug a trench doing it.

Bears eat stupid stuff and blow chunks. I've come across bear vomit... it happens. Like humans it can just be a bug, something we ate or terrible illness... who knows

Never seen a bear hurl. Funny story though I was tossing some cookies of my own on and FSR about an hour out of kamloops (norovirus I think) and my heaving sounds brought a bull moose to 30 yards... It had huge palms... way bigger than my jeep... what a sight... maybe that bear was just calling

Back to bears again. They get sick too. A couple years back we had a bear in our area crapping darn near albino poops... nearly white... content was just grass but all white otherwise. If human this would indicate a serious bile duct or liver problem. I suspect that bear was on deaths door and doing some vomiting as well (never found any in that case)

Could be anything from getting carried away on a salt lick to cancer to gut shot. We'll never know
    Last edited by caddisguy; 05-26-2018 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    Nothing like downing your first 26'r, after raiding your first (of many) campers!...

Seen it first hand, camping in Ucluelet on a fishing trip...

I named this one bear, Cooler..

Not to derail this thread, the dock at the campground was flooded one day with people cleaning there catch.

It was one of those, every one catches their limit kind of day!

The (new), manager's, left three large garbage cans over flowing with entrails, on the dock overnight.

5:30 the next morning, six bears pigging out including sow with cubs .

I could go on..

Yep, what a shiit show, soon as you went to bed, bears swarming the camp ground...
    As sounds like good ole Port Renfrew marina when Bud and Rex fed them daily for about 7 years, then decided to stop because there was too many bears. Then 3 days later one tries to eat a poor fisherman in his boat at the dock, go figure, i dead bear and 2 stupid people...
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

When bears come out of the den they are plugged up with a white lard like substance. Quite normal.

Must have raided a tree planters camp

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Must have raided a tree planters camp
    Choking on the dreadlocks.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories