Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Daughters black bear hunt canceled

Re: Daughters black bear hunt canceled

Salmon Belly for Mayor of Sanity folks, as above.
    -------------- Teach thy children well
    Jel -- salmon belly 4 Mayor people -- LEH and the Ministry are the best any ways -- just pay the buckS n takes yer chances --

side note: my hunting partner was getting his son's online stuff but had trouble due to getting "credentials" validated (proof of BC residency)...it took him an extra 2 days to sort out and submit the documents?, so it was a good thing they extended the deadline as they had left it to the last minute....

Things take time and effort on both sides, proper submission if you live in Mission and the right paper work and on line codes to cross, yah need to be Einstein to apply on line basically or yah mail on the snail, need I say more?
    Jello -- Computer savvy, E-mail friendly and horshe shoes up yer ass pritty well hahaha

My my daughter has been on fly in hunts , taken moose and elk , I certainly take my role seriously ( not that I give a rats shit about your opinion) that said my post was to point out how the system has taken a step backwards and is actually less efficient than before. I also teach my daughter( s) to not be sheep and accept everything the government shoves down our throats. Regarding the rest of your advice.... I’m sure you can find others to lecture from your pedestal

Quote Originally Posted by Salmon Belly View Post
    Kids we take hunting look up to us as role models and they absorb everything. A hunt that special deserves better advanced planning - like Tod Bartell said tags are available far earlier than a few days before your hunt. The system may not be perfect but ranting against the government and the system overlooks your part in creating the problem. Also, any illegal hunting you teach her about shooting an animal without a tag or cancelling someone else’s tag not only lets her down but has a very unfortunate ripple effect.
    Hunting is about doing the right thing even if no one would find out. I hope you take the responsibility you have to teach her the right way more seriously. She looks up to you and will do as you do. That’s part of the amazing side of passing on hunting traditions. Plan ahead it’s not that hard. The system isn’t perfect but it did not ruin your hunt.

SB

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Salmon Belly for Mayor of Sanity folks, as above.
    -------------- Teach thy children well
    Jel -- salmon belly 4 Mayor people -- LEH and the Ministry are the best any ways -- just pay the buckS n takes yer chances --
    I don't know, he's probably some kind of Troll, has never taken a kid hunting, nor ever seen, let alone shot a bear.
    I'll ask him in a few minutes.

I find it hilarious when people wait until the last minute to apply for leh or buy their licence/tags and then freak out when the online system doesn't work properly!!!

I do my leh a few weeks after everything is online and buy my tags 4-6weeks before sept 1 and I've never had any issues.

So four days in advance is last minute? All done at service bc. Three trips in three days. I don’t call that last minute in any way shape or form .

QUOTE=j270wsm;2011201]I find it hilarious when people wait until the last minute to apply for leh or buy their licence/tags and then freak out when the online system doesn't work properly!!!

I do my leh a few weeks after everything is online and buy my tags 4-6weeks before sept 1 and I've never had any issues.[/QUOTE]

We missed out on Limited Entry last year because the system crashed . Its a lesson, don't leave things on last minute, shit happens, tough to blame the government for it.

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    I find it hilarious when people wait until the last minute to apply for leh or buy their licence/tags and then freak out when the online system doesn't work properly!!!

I do my leh a few weeks after everything is online and buy my tags 4-6weeks before sept 1 and I've never had any issues.

I buy my hunting license and the bear tag on April 1st.

[QUOTE=Deaddog;2011204]So four days in advance is last minute? All done at service bc. Three trips in three days. I don’t call that last minute in any way shape or form .

So you started trying to get the licence and tags 4 days before the deadline for leh and were shocked that the system didn't work properly??

Under normal circumstances....I would think 4 days would be enough time to get a licence and tags.