Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daughters black bear hunt canceled

Daughters black bear hunt canceled

Started on Tuesday to get my 15 year old daughter a hunting licence and black bear tag. She had a fwid, previous licence ( taken moose and elk already) as she was 15 , this wonderful system designed by non hunting buearcrats and support by user groups with fish people as spokesmen , required us to go in person to service bc to get tags and licence so I could sign a waiver . Started on Tuesday . Pulled my daughter out of school early went to service bc with all info. Clerk was great and very helpful. SYSTEM SUCKED. After a full hour it allowed the teller to load licence and black bear tags ( was trying to get all tags for year to avoid this debacle) I was ok with that asked teller to wrap it up , they did so and system crashed, now it is 430 pm , we are asked to come back the following day We come back following day. Once again teller was great we work for an hour to no avail , teller is gracious enough to tell us to leave and she will work on it thru the day and see if it goes thru. Still nothing !! Ended up canceling our father/ daughter bear hunt due to this screwed up system!! Works great for govt burarcrats , so glad paid staff for bcwf think this is a great system and fully supported its untested introduction ( to bad those individuals don’t hunt)

in in my opinion this is non hunters within govt ( and other organizations) trying their best to destroy hunting !! I will take my daughter black bear hunting this weekend one way or the other! Tomorrow will call regional director for exemption and try again. We were not trying for leh , just simple hunting licence and tags. Under old system 15 min job. What a incredible waste of resources and peoples time. Thanks again Victoria. It’s almost like you are trying to create “ poachers”.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Daughters black bear hunt canceled

Just go anyway. Punch your tags then buy more tags for her at a later date. Sometimes ya gotta bend/break the rules.

Sad part is I was getting my tags etc at same time. I agree with u Victoria based anti hunting systems won’t stop me from giving my kids the experience the deserve. A litttle know fact is both the person that heads this project and the director of wildlife are non hunters. Makes u go hmmm

I didn't think you had to go in person to sign that piece of paper,
    I just clicked the check box saying that if I was in person I would sign the paper and that my electronic signature was sufficient.

Couple days later the tags showed up in the mail.

I just checked the written undertaking.
    The parent or legal guardian stated on this form confirmed that they provided an electronic signature
    for this Written Undertaking on April 30, 2018.

edit: at least I think that's the signature they are looking for...
    Last edited by westcoaster; 05-24-2018 at 11:04 PM.

The teller in pg stated we had to be there in person. That aside even if not , they are operating on the same system as we would be from home. It doesn’t work!! One would think after last years diaster they would of taken steps to fix it! Total joke designed entirely by Victoria people At least the leh system was tried out by hunters!!! Prior to release , this one was rammed down our throat without even a please

I purchased my sons license and ordered his tags and 'signed' the waiver online in about 10min. Tags showed up 4 days later (Fri-Tues). System works great.

Too bad about the bs, I hope you and your daughter have a good and successful hunt this weekend, let us know how you make out.

Quote Originally Posted by dmaxtech View Post
    I purchased my sons license and ordered his tags and 'signed' the waiver online in about 10min. Tags showed up 4 days later (Fri-Tues). System works great.
    Same experience for my 10year old. I have always bought tags online well in advance and never had an issue.

I totally understand your frustration, it's too bad about your hunt. Can you can go to a hunting store and get your tags so you guys can still get out?
    KCCO

" It’s almost like you are trying to create “ poachers”. "

" Sometimes ya gotta bend/break the rules "

yupp, they're out to getcha
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

or this

Due to government-wide technical difficulties the LEH draw deadline has been extended until 11:59:59 PM on Tuesday, May 29, 2018. This will allow hunters additional opportunity to submit their LEH applications and reduce impact for those who have had difficulty accessing the system in recent days.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole