Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daughters black bear hunt canceled

Re: Daughters black bear hunt canceled

Glad it works for some. My main point is under the old system I would of popped by my local country store on the way home from work on the day before we left , in 20 minutes I would of had tags and been on my way. Today even for those that it did work it’s 4 days later. Pretty clear to me the system isn’t “ better” and that non hunting govt types have an agenda. Some will keep their heads in the sand though and continue to like the taste of the shit were being fed.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    or this

Due to government-wide technical difficulties the LEH draw deadline has been extended until 11:59:59 PM on Tuesday, May 29, 2018. This will allow hunters additional opportunity to submit their LEH applications and reduce impact for those who have had difficulty accessing the system in recent days.
    Was that not the same issues as last year? And then they had a year to “ fix” it and were still in the same boat, if not fixed this will eventually have negative effects on hunter numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaddog View Post
    Glad it works for some. My main point is under the old system I would of popped by my local country store on the way home from work on the day before we left , in 20 minutes I would of had tags and been on my way. Today even for those that it did work it’s 4 days later. Pretty clear to me the system isn’t “ better” and that non hunting govt types have an agenda. Some will keep their heads in the sand though and continue to like the taste of the shit were being fed.
    Sorry if I am missing something but you can still stop by a outdoors store and buy your tags as before. I just prefer to order in advance.
    KCCO

Quote Originally Posted by dmaxtech View Post
    I purchased my sons license and ordered his tags and 'signed' the waiver online in about 10min. Tags showed up 4 days later (Fri-Tues). System works great.
    Yeah works great if the system is up but it's down as much as up. I had to go to Services B.C. as well and the woman there says they are very frustrated with the unreliability of the system. Good old B.C piece of $hit mickey mouse stuff again.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    Sorry if I am missing something but you can still stop by a outdoors store and buy your tags as before. I just prefer to order in advance.
    You can stop by a store or Services but they use the same system.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Yes your right, I should of been clearer. I can still stop at my country store but they have to use the same bogged down system, so it was quicker for me under the old simple system. In fourty years of hunting it never once took “days” to get tags. If this is the system that the gurus want and their is no “ agenda” then one would think that after two years they might have the “ bugs” worked out of it? Of course they might have had a good working system if they had let hunters test drive it and give feedback first rather than ramming it down our throats

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post

That sucks and to top things off the dipshit who designed the new tags had to make then just a little bigger so they would not fit in your wallet, brilliant....
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by Deaddog View Post
    Yes your right, I should of been clearer. I can still stop at my country store but they have to use the same bogged down system, so it was quicker for me under the old simple system. In fourty years of hunting it never once took “days” to get tags. If this is the system that the gurus want and their is no “ agenda” then one would think that after two years they might have the “ bugs” worked out of it? Of course they might have had a good working system if they had let hunters test drive it and give feedback first rather than ramming it down our throats
    Got ya, fair enough.
    KCCO

I think that to blame an issue on supposed anti hunting bureaucrats is a bit silly plus being a little paranoid about an anti hunting point of view..People get frustrated ,don't know who to vent to and blame some mis guide anti hunter who probably does not exist. Makes people feel better believing that there is some deep conspiracy against them. I think the new system is great. My hunting partners think it's great. It could be your computer skill or a server back log. Or maybe some anti hunting Nazi laughing at you trying to make you want to give up the sport of hunting .Now the question becomes is there just one or two anti's or a whole office full. Serious investigation is in order. Or not...

Hmmm simmilar to pheonex pay system in Ottawa..hundreds of millions wasted. .new system being designed..
    Remember BC ambulances new dispatch system..only problem was busier it got slower the system got..dont get much for 100 million canadian pesos.
    I cant complain about new tag system. .so far its worked well for me., but sucks it ruined your hunt..
    Good luck
    Steven