Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New hunting regulations - Has anyone eaten a Eurasian Collared-Dove?

Re: New hunting regulations - Has anyone eaten a Eurasian Collared-Dove?

Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    Those things are a noisy and annoying invasive species (flying rats) not even native to the American continents what so ever. They are extremely loud and make completely unnatural bird noises for BC that are beyond annoying and wake everyone up at daybreak every damn morning. They have like 6 litters a year and if we don't get a handle on them soon then they will become a plague like they are in places such as Argentina where they shoot thousands a day and don't even put a dent in the population which is wiping out crops etc. They should be exterminated. If I didn't live in city limits I'd be shooting every single one I saw.
    Agreed, but until the "FEDS" get it together, we are sewered. I talked with a regional BIO about 6 years ago, who told me he was lobbying the "FEDS" to do something about them, back then. He hadn't got a response back at that time. The "FEDS" have dragged their feet on this way to long. There should be an open season on these year round.

I live near Campbell River and have seen a few pairs of these birds this year. Did not realize they were pests. Another bird we have been seeing more and more of are Yellow bellied sapsuckers, they are pecking our apple trees up very badly, PESTS!

Hi guys in regards of the invasive Eurasian collard Doves . I live in north east BC just out side of FT ST John and 3 years ago was the first time i saw them ,not having a real close look at them I thought they were morning doves but they are not in this regin and no season for morning doves or band tailed pigons. Looking at pictures on line of the two different spicies they are not Morning Doves I was seeing but the Eurasian Collard Doves that are up here . Three years ago was the first time I saw the first breeding pair,this year there was at least 20 breeding pairs just out side of town where I live this summer and how many more are in the surrounding area with all of the grain fields in the area. I have not seen any of them for the last month so i'm guessing they have migrated south for the winter..

Quote Originally Posted by Flyfisherbc View Post
    Hi guys in regards of the invasive Eurasian collard Doves . I live in north east BC just out side of FT ST John and 3 years ago was the first time i saw them ,not having a real close look at them I thought they were morning doves but they are not in this regin and no season for morning doves or band tailed pigons. Looking at pictures on line of the two different spicies they are not Morning Doves I was seeing but the Eurasian Collard Doves that are up here . Three years ago was the first time I saw the first breeding pair,this year there was at least 20 breeding pairs just out side of town where I live this summer and how many more are in the surrounding area with all of the grain fields in the area. I have not seen any of them for the last month so i'm guessing they have migrated south for the winter..
    That is the same timeline that they showed up here in Trail.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

I have seen the first in the west chilcotin 2 years ago, this summer they showed up in small swarms. Just 5 km from the birdwatching station.....
    The 375 Ruger was improved the day it was necked down to 9.3 mm

I’ve seen a few at moms bird feeder outside of Prince George. And one of my buddies in kitimat hates them cause they wake him every morning at dawn.

Until this spring I had never heard them here in PG. Now they are a constant annoyance.

I thought Eursian Collared doves were in the same class as starlings. An invasive species.

From what I googled quickly they seem to be Federally regulated.

I'm hoping to enjoy our new future seasons here in BC. Interested in trying them out as table fair, for sure!