Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pig hunt maythorpe AB

Pig hunt maythorpe AB

Looking at booking a pig hunt at hog wild in alberta.

Who's been, what to expect and what time of year?

There is a group of us planning on going next spring and renting a cabin.

I have not called yet to book or get the run down.

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Pig hunt maythorpe AB

Sounds like a blast ! I will be following this thread. Mmmm bacon!!

I've been
    Put together a hunt during my health struggles.
    Its a reasonably small piece of property that you hunt. We purchased 2 hogs, it was in the heart of winter, 1.5' of snow and minus 30c, this proved to be the biggest challenge.
    Cabin is 2 star at best, but it was warm and after a few beer it was closer to the Hilton.
    Owner was a great guy, very accommodating, he brought tractor in for skinning.
    I took new hunter, no lic, and for him it was a memorable experience, but not really a true hunting experience, but still fun.
    Meat was quite good, smoked some roasts in an attempt at ham.
    Cheers
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

I'm beyond giddy. I was figuring April has not to disrupt regular hunting seasons and also it's easy for fellows to get time off work.

This will be my dirty 30 bday so I'm obliged to purchase a lever for this hunt.

Have a great time. I haven’t heard anything bad about hog wild all good. Bring bug dope and rubber boots things get a little buggy and a lot mucky during spring time in albeeria.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwestalta View Post
    Have a great time. I haven’t heard anything bad about hog wild all good. Bring bug dope and rubber boots things get a little buggy and a lot mucky during spring time in albeeria.
    I will being my mud gear. Haven't been back to the United States of Alberta for a while and look forward to it.

I have friends who go every year. They like the meat alone so much this is their Wild Pork for the year. Pretty cheap if you considered trying to go elsewhere to shoot one. Add in Archery to kill one and makes it even a little bit more fun. Its on my list for next March.

I'm no archer but I have entertained a crossbow if I feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    I have friends who go every year. They like the meat alone so much this is their Wild Pork for the year. Pretty cheap if you considered trying to go elsewhere to shoot one. Add in Archery to kill one and makes it even a little bit more fun. Its on my list for next March.
    Hmm sounds like OIIIIINKKKKK, K fun
    Steven

I just read a clip on facebook that the government is going to use drones to locate the escapees that live in the area. The drone will find their trails they travel etc then a bait and catch pen is put in place where they will euthanize and do some research on them...If they made the area more known to hunters where they are a problem more Hunters would pursue them in Alberta.