Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MMmm Kokanee

Re: MMmm Kokanee

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Nice catch, for Kokanee do you generally find they are more aggressive toward certain lures or flys, or do you use bait?. Mind my ignorance, as I only fish rainbows usually....
    Harry been using the standard Kok gear, a flasher with either a hoochie, wedding ring, apex or I got my hands on some "Brads Kokanee Cut Plug's" and of course the shoepeg corn, lol...

Going to try Stump this weekend, hope to get into a few larger Kok's...

Twanger
    Resident Hunter - Team 45/70 Member #680

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Great Where will you fish there ? RJ
    We're going to be fishing at your old stompin' grounds. Our friend Chris dared us to get skunked at Bridge
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.

Quote Originally Posted by twanger View Post
    Harry been using the standard Kok gear, a flasher with either a hoochie, wedding ring, apex or I got my hands on some "Brads Kokanee Cut Plug's" and of course the shoepeg corn, lol...

Twanger
    Ok wicked thanks bud....nice fish...

She was another good day of Kok fishing..

Excellent catch Twanger!
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.

. . . And isn't that just a sight to behold???

Reminds me of the neighbor's plywood smoker, back when I was a little guy in Osoyoos around '74.
    "Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

- Hunter S. Thompson

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer’s cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

- George Orwell

Twanger
    From Surplus Herbie's, no doubt.
    "Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

- Hunter S. Thompson

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer’s cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

- George Orwell

Gumsehwah actually I order a lot of gear from Kokanee Tackle, i wish we cold find shoepeg corn here in Canada, buddy had to bring me a case from the States... I have found Surplus's fishing stock has gone down hill, but i do try to support them where I can...
    Twanger

kokanee tackle is a great site to order from....agreed on herbies surplus, really old stock...especially in PG, I was really hoping northern hardware or herbies would extend hours a little bit now that WSS is gone, but no, they are closed before I finish work...I try to support local but hard to beat online shopping

great kokanee, thanks for sharing, I hope to get out myself this Sunday around Quesnel
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Twanger
    How did you make out at Stump??
    Also for what it's worth the Peaches and Cream corn works just the same as Shoepeg.
    I dye mine and mix with a few things, I used to go out of my way for the Shoepeg but not anymore, fish don't seem to care.