Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Budget Binoculars

Budget Binoculars

Hey guys,

I'm new to hunting and after using a crappy old set of binos last year I'm looking to upgrade. I still have a pretty tight budget (Thank you BC housing market) but would definitely like to get something that will serve me well for the next 5 years until I can invest in a better product. So far the Vortex Crossfire 10x42, Bushnell Trophy 10x42 and the Bushnell Legend L series 10x42 have been my top 3 contenders. I'm able to score a pretty good deal on all of these through a friend with the trophy being the cheapest, followed by the crossfire then the Legend at the top end of the budget. Any experience or advice is much appreciated!

Thank you

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Budget Binoculars

get the Legends if you can make the $ work
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

The legends are about $20USD more than the crossfire, I just haven't found too much information on them because they're relatively 'new". Any reasons in particular you suggested the Legends?

Maven C1 10x42 for $325 US were really decent when I looked at them at the Reno Sheep Show last winter....inside the convention center glassing as far as I could into dark corners.

check out opticsplanet.ca they have some deals from time to time.

IMO the scorpion 10x42 are the best mid priced binoculars on the market for 350$.I've owned a pair for years and have been more than satisfied with them. That being said I just upgraded to a pair of Nikon laserforce rangefinder 10x42 binoculars, very nice.

Nikon monarchs. Seen the monarch 5 on sale for under 400 lately

I ended up going with the Bushnell Legend L series. Got them for $140USD. Binocs and harness plus tax for 170US. I'm hoping they'll be good for the next few years

Don't ever look through alpha glass, you'll hate everything else, best cheap glass I've seen Zen Ray, think prices have gone up, used to be $400 a few years ago

Cabella's Intensity HD, 10 x 42 $250, if you shop in store and have a VIP Invite then 20% off so $200.
    I've had a pair for over a year now, love them so much bought the Son In Law a pair for last Xmas.
    Hunted last year in all conditions, no fogging at all, crisp and clear, important for my aging eyes.
    Are they $500 + beaters, nope but probably the best buy in the $300 and under range.