Thread: Bow Hunting Africa

Bow Hunting Africa

Just home from South Africa and we were fortunate enough to bow hunt one of the most amazing places we've ever been. Yes it was a high fenced national park but inside that 65,000 acres was a totally natural environment where all of the animals are self sustaining and lions form and hunt in prides and rhinos and elephants and cape buffalo roam . For those that believe all high fenced areas in Africa are canned you really need to think again. This area is fenced to protect the animals and ensure there remains a healthy population. Hunting is used strictly as a management tool to control population numbers.Due to the unique nature of this park and the high population of rhinos we were asked not to reveal its name nor location but this is a true jewel in South Africa and a bow-hunting only paradise. We consider ourselves blessed to have experienced it. If you are looking at a bow hunting safari in Africa, this is the real deal. Thanks so much to Gerrie Theron of Theron African Safaris Pty Ltd. for sharing this with us!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bow Hunting Africa

Looks like a great time! Dandy Sable and Impala, congrats!

Hey can you empty your inbox? I tried pm’ing you.

Im guessing you enjoyed and would recommend hunting with that outfitter?
    I support PETA!
    People Eating Tasty Animals!

Looks like a dream! Congrats on some awesome critters harvested...

Quote Originally Posted by PressurePoint View Post
    Hey can you empty your inbox? I tried pm’ing you.

Im guessing you enjoyed and would recommend hunting with that outfitter?
    Just did sorry about that. If you are looking for a bow hunt this is as good as it gets!

Are you hunting out of a Blind on a waterhole or spot and stalk...Great animals Vanessa.

We did a bit of both Phil...Vanessa took her sable on a walk and stalk hunt...it was pretty amazing!

TJ you have been doing Outdoor Quest i believe for something like 20 years , Do you ever sit down and watch any of your Old Hunts from years ago....I can't imagine the hours of editing time you put in..Your Africa Hunting seems pretty addictive, Maybe one day i will experience this . We can watch and imagine what its like , but its not the same until your immersed in Africa itself i bet..
    Theres reward in Rifle and Bow Hunting. Nice to be able to mix it up hey.

Ya we do quite often watch and relive some old hunts for sure. It's nice having such good quality home movies...haha. Africa is totally addicting and on this last trip we bow hunted, rifle hunted and shot birds with shotguns. The more we go the more we discover and in the scheme of things it's really affordable and incredible value!