Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brown Bear Alaska Peninsula

Re: Brown Bear Alaska Peninsula

Great write up. Congrats again. What is your taxidermy program?

Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    Unless you are hunting with a relative, or doing a combo, or have an inside deal-- its the same price to go to Alaska for a brown bear, and theres a whole lot more bear
    Thanks for the heads up, I have a good friend who lives a few hours outside of Whitehorse and has already got a beautiful grizz rug, I'd be able to stay with him, use his machinery and hunt with him.. I'd obviously have to look into the completely legalities but nhopefully this would leave the trip a bit cheaper than Alaska, plus I'd hope to find a moose or caribou hopefully ^^. We can dream right !? Worst case scenario I'm only 4 years from living up there !

Amazing animal again and I can't stop reading this thread.. I am beyond envious.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwestalta View Post
    Great write up. Congrats again. What is your taxidermy program?
    Outfitter works with a shop in anchorage. Actually my guide works at the shop in the winter

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, I have a good friend who lives a few hours outside of Whitehorse and has already got a beautiful grizz rug, I'd be able to stay with him, use his machinery and hunt with him.. I'd obviously have to look into the completely legalities but nhopefully this would leave the trip a bit cheaper than Alaska, plus I'd hope to find a moose or caribou hopefully ^^. We can dream right !? Worst case scenario I'm only 4 years from living up there !

Amazing animal again and I can't stop reading this thread.. I am beyond envious.
    Sounds good!!

Id been looking at a brown bear trip for many years and this opportunity just fell into my lap and I'm glad I didn't pass it up.

Ive been on only a few outfitted hunts and this outfitter is top notch. Professional, personable, organized, excellent equipment, and has had his guide concessions for decades. His operation impressed me and obviously he's got areas with game (16 bears in one day). He takes minimal hunters and caters to them individually, and is genuinely concerned about you having a good trip/hunt.

Nice fricken bear!

Congrats on a nice bear

Congrats on a great bear!!

Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    Outfitter works with a shop in anchorage. Actually my guide works at the shop in the winter
    Just wondering rug or life size? Made the mistake a while back of getting a rug when wife said I could have a mount. Instead I ended up mounting close to the rug. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwestalta View Post
    Just wondering rug or life size? Made the mistake a while back of getting a rug when wife said I could have a mount. Instead I ended up mounting close to the rug. Lol.
    Im in the same situation,price for a lifesize is stupid. Wife says go for it. Half the price of going back up there again

It's a tough decision for sure. In the end I'm glad a rugged my bear. So many colours in its hide to appreciate it all.