Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Family Bear Hunt

Re: Family Bear Hunt

Hey that's a nice bear ! Maybe some future hunters in the picture as well !
    Arctic Lake

Well that'll help get over the disappointment of the turkey season. I know your running out of room so I'm glad to hear your getting it tanned, may never get another chocolate again. Congrats.

Fantastic share, good looking Bruin.
    Quality family time, great memories being made
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Congrats you are doing well on colour phase

Big black bears I can find but colour phase are always runts when I am the shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Maybe some future hunters in the picture as well !
    Arctic Lake
    Two of them already are, the kid who was with us got his first buck last year and my daughter just got her license in Mar. The jury is still out if my son will be a hunter, but that's okay he does like to come along for the outings.
    KCCO

[QUOTE=Rhyno;2009507]Flint Fur Tannery in Cranbrook
    Congrats to the young hunter and you and your family on a great looking bear, and very nice group photo.
    Did you use Flint tannery for your other bears and if so how did they turn out, any chance if you did if
    you could post a picture of the under side of one of the bears tanned by them.
    Had a friend drop off a bear to be tanned in the cranbrook area a couple years ago but he dropped it off with a
    taxidermist not sure which tannery he used but the bear was pretty much butchered, shaved way to thin and sliced
    with many holes. We told him to take it straight to the tannery him self next time but have not been to Flints shop
    yet to see what his dry tanning is like.
    Thanks

5'7" nose to tail and we got just under 60lb of meat, not a giant by any means but we are happy.

What a beautiful color bear! Congrats

Very nice. And I like how you did the picture. Took the time to display the bear nice. And the kids you can tell are having a good time.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Very cool to experience that with the kids. congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Congrats to the young hunter and you and your family on a great looking bear, and very nice group photo.
    Did you use Flint tannery for your other bears and if so how did they turn out, any chance if you did if
    you could post a picture of the under side of one of the bears tanned by them.
    Had a friend drop off a bear to be tanned in the cranbrook area a couple years ago but he dropped it off with a
    taxidermist not sure which tannery he used but the bear was pretty much butchered, shaved way to thin and sliced
    with many holes. We told him to take it straight to the tannery him self next time but have not been to Flints shop
    yet to see what his dry tanning is like.
    Thanks
    Hey

He did do my last bear but it lives at my buddies place so sorry I can't take a picture for you but I was happy with the results. I have had a few capes done there and been really happy with the work as well.
    KCCO