Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How To Cut Salt Blocks

Re: How To Cut Salt Blocks

When I had my trail came i just bought the smaller blocks and cut them in half.

I used a large chisel pounded into the hole in the middle of the block. They didn’t split exactly in half, but pretty close. I use whole blocks now just so they last longer, but I’ve only got a couple cams

We always cut them with an axe. Worked really well

Hey 1947 !
    I too place many blocks out for hungry critters. Having a trail camera standing over my licks has produced some awesome pictures. Ive had the best luck with the trace mineral instead of the colbalt blockes. The price is about the same but the game hit the mineral way harder. Especialy the elk . I dont cut them because i go through a block in the summer easy.I have had everything from rabbits to grizzlies come to the lick. its a fantastic hobby. Try one and see if it dont give you more pics

Quote Originally Posted by MOWITCH SLAYER View Post
    Hey 1947 !
    I too place many blocks out for hungry critters. Having a trail camera standing over my licks has produced some awesome pictures. Ive had the best luck with the trace mineral instead of the colbalt blockes. The price is about the same but the game hit the mineral way harder. Especialy the elk . I dont cut them because i go through a block in the summer easy.I have had everything from rabbits to grizzlies come to the lick. its a fantastic hobby. Try one and see if it dont give you more pics
    Good advice I will cut the trace mineral into two pieces and put the trace 5 feet from the colbalt and see what the camera says..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..