Thread: 3-30 vs 3-37 deer hunt

3-30 vs 3-37 deer hunt

Hey all,

Heading in to the interior for a November deer(spike moose if it's open and we have a golden horseshoe)hunt. We'll be cutting out $7 cheques to the LEH fund but will be going no matter what the result. I've got a couple different places I'm looking at, one in 3-30 and one in 3-37. Odds were better last year for 3-37 but that doesn't always mean much. I'm an island guy now and was wondering if anyone with experience in either area could lean me in a certain direction. Thanks, hope everyone has a safe long weekend.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 3-30 vs 3-37 deer hunt

Lucky if you see a 4 point in november and surprising to see a Moose (any Moose) in 3-37, Wolves were ridiculous in there a few years ago (last time I was there) things haven't changed much I hear, it used to be exellent, not sure about 3-30.

I’ve hunted 3-30 quite a bit between Cache Creek and Loon Lake. Didn’t go last year due to the fires, but have always seen plenty of deer and some moose in there. Pre fire, that area was crawling with does, and had some nice 4 pointers in November. That being said, most of the canker bucks I’ve seen were on the other side of the highway, up Cornwall in the hills around McLean Lake.
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated

Hey all, getting all our bucks in a row for the hunt and was curious if anyone had been up 3-30 way yet this season and if they could provide any kind of report? PMs welcome. None of us have hunted this area before so it'll be a learning experience this trip, hoping to make it an annual thing if the area looks promising.

It's been pretty slow by Loon Lake, ever since the fires the deer seem displaced? Try to find non burned areas.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...