Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Elephant Hill Fire Area closed to all motorized vehicles

Elephant Hill Fire Area closed to all motorized vehicles

Anyone else see the news?

May 11, 2018
    ORDER Section 58 (1) of the Forest and range practices Act in the Elephant Hill Wildfire Area
    The proposed section 58 closes the areas for unauthorized use of motorized vehicles including automobiles,trucks, motorcycles, motorhomes and all types of off road recreation vehicles.
    This is a short term order that would be in effect this season from May 17, 2018 until December 31st, 2018, while restoration activities for the fire area are being planned and initiated
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Elephant Hill Fire Area closed to all motorized vehicles

I will always call it the "Ashcroft Reserve fire".....

"Classen was on his way home when the fire erupted July 6 in the close-knit First Nation community of 76 people"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...uees-1.4204412

"Restoration Activities"......like what????(hope someone has some insight on that?)

If they want to spend some time to deactivate some of those "fire perimeter roads", then okay, but that won't
    take that long.
    Also, is "everyone" banned???? (doubt that).
    Leave it alone, it will grow back if you ask me, the way it was "intended" to do by MN.
    Interested to hear what the "reasoning is this time".
    If it is due to "waiting for sightlines to disappear as new growth reappears", then kiss any of that area away for
    the next 10 years.
    And if that's the case, another big fire season like last year, and we will "all" be sitting at home for the season/s.
    (At least til we kick the ndp out)

I own a cabin at Loon Lake and i have no info, emails or postings on this, i dont think this is very transparent as theres no explaination of extent etc as theres cabin owners, resorts etc that are accessed by forest roads, so people cant go to their cabin and resorts shut down?
    This makes no sense
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    I will always call it the "Ashcroft Reserve fire".....

"Classen was on his way home when the fire erupted July 6 in the close-knit First Nation community of 76 people"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...uees-1.4204412
    Yea you BET because they Caused the WHOLE problem ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Anyone else see the news?

May 11, 2018
    ORDER Section 58 (1) of the Forest and range practices Act in the Elephant Hill Wildfire Area
    The proposed section 58 closes the areas for unauthorized use of motorized vehicles including automobiles,trucks, motorcycles, motorhomes and all types of off road recreation vehicles.
    This is a short term order that would be in effect this season from May 17, 2018 until December 31st, 2018, while restoration activities for the fire area are being planned and initiated
    Where did you see that?

Few family members have cabins up there. I can understand keeping quads/bikes off the brush, off trail etc but if your on a well used trail I see no problem. I agree with deactivating some of the roads put in for the fire but does that take the whole summer? Then it will be closed again in fall.

I can’t believe the penny has not dropped for most people on here........ wow.....
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

Areas? Would like to see a map of the closures. Does this effect the spring bear hunt?

Haven't seen anything official on this on any government sites and front counter said they haven't seen it.
    Looks like it's bogus thus far.