Thread: Hope, B.C.

Hope, B.C.

Hello all, I just moved to hope for the fire season. I was hoping to do a little plinking here in my off time and the local range doesnt allow drop ins. Can anyone recommend a place I can get out to where I can legally shoot and isn't too far out of town? You can also pm me if you want to keep your spot a bit more private. Thanks a ton.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hope, B.C.

Welcome to Hope and sincere thanks for your efforts fighting fires - assume you are with the crew here.
    Great bunch of folks, many of them show up in the gym at the Hope Rec Centre.
    Now, re shooting, I could suggest going to Memorial Park in the centre of Town to roust up the drunks and druggies but you said "legally."
    Lots of places just off the Coq or down the Skagit Valley past Silver Lake.. Just be careful you don't get flooded out

Welcome to Hope Shea I hope your summer here is a pleasant one and you don't have too crazy of a season

As IG says there's lots of options as witnessed by shot gun hulls to be found on most of the logging roads within the first few clicks But if you want to shoot high power rifle a lot best for all concerned is to head out further, which in Hope = climbing up a mountain there's not a lot of flat ground here. 4x4 recommended or at least a high clearance 2 wheel drive. There's good options up the canyon and out hwy 3 as well as those mentioned. If you don't already have a backroad map book would be a huge plus not just for shooting, there's lots of cool country to explore on your off time. I've only been here 1.5 years so no expert but have explored most drainages, any questions shoot me a pm. Enjoy..

Dan
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Good suggestions from fellow Hopeite Salty - he probably actually heads out in the area shooting - I tend to go to our Tulameen Dacha ( where I am now watching the waters rise ) and blast away there either at the range or the hills.

Sowerby road you can target shoot on