Thread: Spring Bear erosion.

Spring Bear erosion.

Carefull out there..

a lot of roads are at there softest time with snow melt and a lot of rain bridges, culverts and steep banks if it looks wet pre-check before crossing. getting very green around the higher elevations I predict a lot of bears will die this weekend.

I will probably wait 2 more weeks and try to do some fawn protection.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Spring Bear erosion.

Thinking a couple more weeks for myself.
    When I was young, we would go as often as we could, lots of money on fuel, minimal bears till late May, June, but some fond memories and camping excursions
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Im heading out mid june for hopefully 2 weeks, I find late may and June more roam middle of the day
    Kamloops cabins for rent!
    www.bclakefronts.com

Check out some amazing pictures on my Facebook of trophy fish and game:
    www.facebook.com/bclakefronts
    What about YOUTUBE, Check my video on how to make a Euro mount:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadianCade

Well, we came across about a half dozen roads washed out in the cut blocks we were roaming yesterday, and had to cross some waste deep "puddles" but we were able to put down bear number 2 this week! Second boar down, good luck to anyone who heads out there ! Be safe! Waters cold, fast moving and bears are active !

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    Carefull out there..

a lot of roads are at there softest time with snow melt and a lot of rain bridges, culverts and steep banks if it looks wet pre-check before crossing. getting very green around the higher elevations I predict a lot of bears will die this weekend.

I will probably wait 2 more weeks and try to do some fawn protection.
    I think you're right. A lot of bears are going down this weekend.

Also about the erosion. I think there is still a lot of flooding/washouts that will happen.

I drove across a few minor floods on the way in this year. I am always prepared to have to walk back out.

I saw one section of road that looked like a good portion of it was about to cave in. It was visibility separating and possibly getting ready to go down in the swamp below... made a wide detour for that one.

Spent 10h yesterday processing my first bear..second tag is in the mail. Be heading out for #2 when it shows up!

I'll be wary of soft roads for sure, thanks!