Hello! Just like my username implies (noobster)....I’m totally new to hunting!! Fished my whole life, and that’s comes second nature, but I just never committed to taking the hunting and gun safety courses, and didn’t come from a family nor had friends who hunted. But a couple months ago I got my hunting license and my PAL application is being processed (or mailed in anyway!!). I’m so pumped! I check the PAL processing website EVERY DAY!!

Anyway....I don’t like to be a bother, but I’ve been researching online steady for a couple months, downloaded apps, set up waypoints all over the place and I can’t find a clear answer on where it is ok to hunt. I know basically Crown land, but I was wondering if someone could confirm something for me??

I’m interested in hunting birds (ducks, geese, grouse, maybe a wild turkey??).....maybe bigger game later. So......if I drive up Horsethief Creek FSR and Horsethief Creek Rd near Radium, can I basically hunt anywhere around there? Like just park off to the side and start walking around??

Please remember.....I’m totally new....but super excited!

Thanks for any help!!